What's your favorite chemical?

It’s BBQ sauce.

My favourite chemical is Magnesium (Mg) and my second most favourite chemical is adenosine triphosphate (ATP).

[QUOTE=H3rB3i;704859]Hydrofluric acid.

THC :p[/QUOTE]

I don’t think those are two chemicals to mess with at the same time. :eek:

He and Au–that’s being rich and laughing my arse off making funny sounds

Basically the only two chemicals that make me happy are serotonin and dopamine. :slight_smile:

(2R,3S,4R,5R)-2,3,4,5,6-Pentahydroxyhexanal

estrogen.

…it helps develop one…sorry, two…of the fundamental differences between men and women.

:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=yojimbo197;2633890](2R,3S,4R,5R)-2,3,4,5,6-Pentahydroxyhexanal[/QUOTE]:bigsmile:

QUOTE=yojimbo197;2633890-2,3,4,5,6-Pentahydroxyhexanal[/QUOTE]

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

[I][B]What am I doing here I dont have much internet left[/B][/I] :stuck_out_tongue:

Water as the second poster pointed out :flower:

1. A substance with a distinct molecular composition that is produced by or used in a chemical process.
  2. A drug, especially an illicit or addictive one.

MDMA :cool:

Dark roast coffee… in a Bialetti pot…

Raspberry cream-cheese danish… or up here in BC, apple strudel…

(sorry about size of photos… I tried to resize them to be ‘same small size’ as coffee-bag, but alas…)

I had to look up Bialetti coffee pot . I would probably like coffee made in it .
As long as it doesn’t lean too much to the expresso side.
I use a stainless steel electric percolator & also have an old Revere ware stove top percolator . I also have the modern drip type “Mr. Coffee” although mines a Norelco
with a light to dark adjustment. I rarely use it unless a guest likes drip better.
I don’t care for “dark roast” as it tastes burnt to me . I like just regular roast.
I intend to eventually try a French press .

Back to chemicals I find WD-40 pretty handy.

My favorite household/workshop chemicals are White Distilled Vinegar, Naphtha, lacquer thinner (the automotive type) and WD-40 in both gal and a few spray cans, hydrochloric acid, and large boxes of baking soda. These are great for just about cleaning job around the house or shop.

hydrochloric acid AKA muriatic acid . I try to keep some around too .
Just don’t mix the baking soda with it. :bigsmile:

Whatever Chemicals they put in Raid. Keeps my house critter free.

Cholla, the bialetti styles create a very strong coffee, but with a li’l cream and a li’l sugar, it’s sooo wonderful. Husky, to our palates.

However, the same beans in a French Press create a coffee that’s entirely palatable without cream OR sugar.

The difference is the heat. The bialetti style (and there are cheapo products $20-25 for the 9-cup size which are just fine instead of Name-Brand “Bialettis” for $40) has the water in the bottom, and an airtight seal over the coffee-grounds in the middle cup.

This has a small tube from the water (bottom) chamber so the water heats past boiling point (213+ degrees F) into a pressurized steam that goes up thru the middle-cup coffee grounds into the upper empty chamber.

This is like drinking Liquers or Single-Malt Scotches instead of Light Beer. NO COMPARISON. It is Sippni’ Coffee, not slogging, mouthwash-and-spit colored-water.

In a French Press, you’ve got coffee grounds on the bottom and then you heat up water to about 140-degrees. Not much more. Pour it in, over the grounds, then 4 minutes later, use the Press handle to squish all the grounds into the very bottom and leave the “coffee water” on top. Pour that into a cup and voila - a VERY mild coffee. Every the darkest roast taste ‘mild’.

If you’ve had Suntea vs. Hot-Water over Teabags, then French Presses are more like Suntea - every molecule seems full of a variety of nuanced flavors.

BUT… the cheapo glass-sides can sometimes break. The $30 Plastic Side Bodums are worth the price.

“Cup” sizes are usually meaning "Italian espresso cups’ - slightly under 2 oz each. 8 Cups are therefore 16 oz, about 2 American coffee cups, or a good sized mug for one.

I like my coffee medium stregnth . It would take a lot to make me like any better than percolated . The Mr.Coffee style drip coffee makers always have that " slogging, mouthwash-and-spit colored-water " coffee as you described it well.

Glade to know the French Press makes mild coffee so It’s probably not for me.

I do like & make Sun Tea though . Usually ten tea bags to a gallon & I like mine to steep at least 4 hours.

[QUOTE=cholla;2646410]I like my coffee medium stregnth . It would take a lot to make me like any better than percolated . The Mr.Coffee style drip coffee makers always have that " slogging, mouthwash-and-spit colored-water " coffee as you described it well.

Glade to know the French Press makes mild coffee so It’s probably not for me.

I do like & make Sun Tea though . Usually ten tea bags to a gallon & I like mine to steep at least 4 hours.[/QUOTE]

I live in the North West…I’d probably have to steep mine 4 days…:rolleyes:

As long as the temp is a least 75 ° F & you have a sunny place with direct sun I think you will be OK in 4 hours.