Whats Your All time favorite DVD Backup Software

I’m very new to the DVD backup process and have been combing the forums and the net for what people claim to be the best DVD copying software. I have used CloneDVD and DVD xCopy Plat and havent been 100% pleased “yet”. I know I will never be 100% but you get my meaning I think. My system is configured with Windows XP Professional with an Intel 1.8ghz 512mb RAM and a Pioneer 114 DVD reader and Sony DRU-530a Burner. With my burner and reader in mind…what have you found to be the most reliable software packages out there for backing up your DVD’s?

gotta agree w/ the man above, CloneDVD is my fav. b/c it’s VERY simple, fast and easy to use. 3 clicks and you’re done.

When I used CloneDVD I was told that I needed a region controling software add-on in order to backup my DVD’s successfully. Is Any-DVD the recommended one or is Region-Free a valid alternative? Does it matter?

both will do the same job, but AnyDVD is Elby’s own product just like CloneDVD.

Originally posted by Christofsen

Is Any-DVD the recommended one or is Region-Free a valid alternative? Does it matter?
AnyDVD Vs DVD RegionFree

Nero Recode is pretty good. It is free if u have Nero 6 Ultra. All u need to do is download it. Combine it with AnyDVD, it kicks major @$$. :iagree:

Any DVD with CloneDVD. To make a >7.5 GB DVD on 2 DVD’s DVDFab.

i use different software depending on the movies i got

mostly;
dvdfab spLitting
dvdshrink /clonedvd recoding
dvd2dvd-r or dvd2svcd decoding with cce

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]i use different software depending on the movies i got

mostly;
dvdfab spitting
dvd2dvd-r or dvd2svcd decoding with cce [/B]

i second that. except the dvdfab splitting. never tried it.

I wouldn’t be anywhere without DVDDecrypter so I guess I vote for that.

/MLS

dvd decryptor\dvd2one\recordnow max combo (speed)
or anydvd\clonedvd combo (lazy)

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]i use different software depending on the movies i got

mostly;
dvdfab spLitting
dvd2dvd-r or dvd2svcd decoding with cce [/B]

a question: what percentage of shrinkage is your standard to choose which program to use. i.e. a movie has to be 65% shrinked in order to fit on dvd-r, what program would you use to do the job?

i don’t shrink that much

i either strip the movie or split it

if you really want to shrink that much… use an encoder (cce with multi pass) not a transcoder…but that is just my opinion

thanks for the reply.

you are very welcome

that is what we are here for…helping :slight_smile:

I use DVDshrink then Nero6.
I have a DVD reader in which the original goes, and a liteon DVDwriter to back it up on.
Shrink the movie and reduce all the extras and menus as much as you dare, to leave the movie a decent size still, then press backup and an hour or so later a (near) perfect copy. It couldn`t be easier.

MATT

yeah i use dvd shrink, have the compression set to auto, and i take out all the languages and subtile languages i dont need so that i have the whole dvd, just not any junk, and it gives you better quality because it doesn’t have to use a higher compression ratio.

dvd shrink for 1 disc, for episodic discs (sopranos, all the star trek series, 24, csi ) DVDFAB rocks, leaves all the menus intact on both discs, plays in standalone players…

hi all
I’m still fairly new to it, but I use DVD Fab 1.52 for splitting to two discs. Either DVD Shrink or CloneDVD sneak preview for transcoding/shrinking the movie to fit on one DVD-R.
Both of them have their merits.
Oh, and DVD decryptor for just plain decrypting to hdd work or copying a single sided/layered disc 1:1.

A question for all you DVD freaks out there…
Whats the best program/way to remove stuff (eg extra audio tracks, unwanted extras etc) from the original DVD to help better fit the dvd onto one disc?

regards,
Br@yza!