Whats wrong?

vbimport

When im trying to copy a cd in to the harddriver with CloneCD … this message popups:

PHILIPS CDD4801 CD-R/RW is not compatible with CloneCD Read Mode “Read Subchannel Data from Data Tracks and Extra Audio Info”!

My configuration is:

Read Speed: 1x (176 kByte/s)

Preferences:

Read Subchannel Data from Data Tracks : ON
Read Subchannel Data from Audio Tracks : ON
Abort on Read Error: OFF
Fast Error Skip: ON
Intelligent Bad Sector Scanner: Off

Fast Error Skip Settings:

Read Retries: 5
Error Correction: None

The Game im trying to copy is : Red Alert 2

the CloneCD version is: CloneCD 3.0.0.20

My cd reader is: Compaq DVD-ROM SD-612B

the same error with that cd reader thats why im trying to use the burner…

My CD Burner: PHILIPS CDD4801 CD-R/RW

Whats wrong??? What should i do to fix it so i can use :

Read Subchannel Data from Data Tracks : ON
Read Subchannel Data from Audio Tracks : ON

???

Please help…
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

There’s nothing you can do, but to disable the read SubChannel Data options. Your Philips drive simply can’t read the data :frowning: This is a hardware problem and not a CloneCD problem.

BTW: I think Red Alert should work fine without the SubChannel Data read options ticked because it has SafeDisc 2 and only needs the Fast Error Skip :slight_smile:

Just buy For exsampe Toshiba normal cd-rom driver! They are cheap and good, those toshibas driver reads subchannel data from data and audio and they skip error very fast! like my toshiba 6602b is fastes toshibas drivers to skip errors!

If you want burn games then I just say that allways buy two cdrom: cd-rom and cd writer!

On the fly copying is possible and when cd-rom can’t read cd then just use second cd-rom!

I forgotten to say that I buyed cd burner and that read all stuff from cd and my toshiba too! because Í don’t want any problem with protections but this new SD2 is too muchs!

Ollie even states the best combos to get are like something with a toshiba go here www.elby.de

dont forget he also mentions some Teac drives also as part of the combinations.