I’m experiencing some serious issues with my Benq DW1655. Until lately I was mostly burning CDs, which didn’t make any troubles. I must admit I really didn’t care too much about disc quality. I burnt them, it was fast and I didn’t have any problems reading them afterwards.
But recently I bought a Verbatim 16X DVD+R pack (ID: MCC 004, Made in India), 10 Discs with printable surface, because I heard they were of good quality. They were intended to be used for testing the printable surface, because I’m about to burn about 100 DVDs in next time. But now I’m facing a lot of problems and after reading hours of threads and searching for information on the net (because I never bothered about this whole burning thing before), I spent the last couple of days running burn tests and reading information, but I’m totally confused now. Hopefully some of you pros can help me solve this matter. I’m trying to provide as much information as possible so prepare for some graphs ^^
Btw. I use Nero 18.104.22.168.
So here’s my story
The first 2 DVD’s didn’t even start burning because of a “session fixation error”. Reading on the net I found some advise to update to a new firmware. So I updated from BCAB to BCHB. Then the burning process started but took about 16 minutes with lots of failures. Reading again on the net I realized this is a known issue with BCHB. So I downgraded to BCGB. Burning takes now 6-8 minutes, but the quality is a mess as far as I can tell.
I will add some graphs in the next couple of posts, I hope this isn’t considered as spamming - but I don’t know how to show them in one post without completly messing the thread
Ok, so here we go:
This is typical result for most of my burnt Verbatim DVDs; reasonable graphs for about 90% of the scan process and than dropping significantly at the last 10% with lots of PO failures. Second image, same behaviour but even worse…