What's wrong with me?

vbimport

Lately, I haven’t been drinking that much alchohol anymore. I used to drink quite some beers every weekend (when going out) but since we got a car (9 months ago) I kind of switched over to Ice tea etc. I still drink some alchohol, but it’s no more than 1 or 2 glasses a week…

Anyhow, about a month ago I went to a party of a friend of mine and I drank 3 bottles of beer, spread over 5 hours. Not that much eh? Well I felt like I drunk 10 sixpacks! It was normal beer (even the same brand I always have) and I was healthy at the time being ;). The same happened again about 2 weeks ago at another party: little beer, heavy effect.
I figured that I kind of lost the ability to drink alchohol.

Yesterday, however, I went out to a bar with free drinks (after paying the entrance fee;)). I had over 20 beers and I still felt very sober (not even dizzy!) and awake. I just couldn’t sense any drop of alchohol in my blood. It felt like 2 years ago or so… the beer was once again regular beer with 5% alchohol…

Now my question: how is this possible? I can’t understand…

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
What’s wrong with me?

Alot :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like some watered down crap for the free beer after entrance fee event… :stuck_out_tongue: Of course, your body does react differently to alcohol depending on the circumstances and your level of comfort, etc.

[B]Lately, I haven’t been drinking that much alchohol anymore. I used to drink quite some beers every weekend (when going out) but since we got a car (9 months ago) I kind of switched over to Ice tea etc. I still drink some alchohol, but it’s no more than 1 or 2 glasses a week…

Anyhow, about a month ago I went to a party of a friend of mine and I drank 3 bottles of beer, spread over 5 hours. Not that much eh? Well I felt like I drunk 10 sixpacks! It was normal beer (even the same brand I always have) and I was healthy at the time being ;). The same happened again about 2 weeks ago at another party: little beer, heavy effect.

Yesterday, however, I went out to a bar with free drinks (after paying the entrance fee;)). I had over 20 beers and I still felt very sober (not even dizzy!) and awake. I just couldn’t sense any drop of alchohol in my blood. It felt like 2 years ago or so… the beer was once again regular beer with 5% alchohol…

Now my question: how is this possible? I can’t understand… [/B]

The effects the alcohol had on your body could have a lot to do with how much you ate during that day as well. It could also have a lot to do with how much water you had before going out. I know when I’m anticipating a long night, I always chug a bunch of water before going out…to be safe as well. I’m sure there’s nothing wrong with you…just different circumstances unknown to you at the moment. :slight_smile:

You’re just getting old :stuck_out_tongue:

Oops, sorry, that’s just my standard response to any question :bigsmile:

Maybe you:

: Didn’t drink much that day, hence you were dehydrated and the alcohol went straight to your head.

: Didn’t eat much that day, hence the alcohol was absorbed much quicker, and then went straight to your head.

: Haven’t drank for awhile then perhaps your body was just a tad out of drinking condition.

: Were a tad sick or exhausted then you were half way to being delusional anyway, and hence the alcohol just tipped the scales.

: Usually have greasy food before drinking, making the alcohol absorption rate much slower, and you didn’t this time.

Anything else?

Maybe the last night it was Dutch ‘beer’ ? :bigsmile:

I don’t drink much when I think I am stressed too much or I feel I am in poor physical condition. So I haven’t tried more than one or two glasses (50ml?) of soju in a day for the last 12 months. Much alcohol in depressed me makes the depression just more serious.

Hmm yes I exepected that it’d have to do something with the stuff I ate that day. Thing is, I always eat (and drink) lots (yes I got some overweight) so I figured that there should be some other cause.

As the summer is coming, I’ll be having more parties (BBQ!) so I guess there are enough chances to check this theory out.

Any more ideas are welcome of course :o

Maybe some side-effects of your time in the Aussie-Borg cubes!! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Lately, I haven’t been drinking that much alchohol anymore. I used to drink quite some beers every weekend (when going out) but since we got a car (9 months ago) I kind of switched over to Ice tea etc. I still drink some alchohol, but it’s no more than 1 or 2 glasses a week…

Sounds normal to me.

Naah , nobody loses their ability to drink alcohol.

Sounds pretty normal again

• You’re getting old(er) :slight_smile:
  • You were in a happier mood / felt better before drinking
  • You probably had eaten lots before going out
  • No sunshine in a bar , doesn’t microwave your head that much

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]Sounds normal to me.

Naah , nobody loses their ability to drink alcohol.

Sounds pretty normal again

• You’re getting old(er) :slight_smile:
  • You were in a happier mood / felt better before drinking
  • You probably had eaten lots before going out
  • No sunshine in a bar , doesn’t microwave your head that much [/B]
    sorry to diagree but you do lose the abiltiy to drink three years ago i used to drink a bottle of jack daniels a day now after only may two drinks iam flat on my back

Originally posted by KueBlue
i used to drink a bottle of jack daniels a day

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: