What's with the stupid "Mandatory 96 DPI" requirement?

I generally set my screen DPI such that 1" on the screen is 1" as understood by my video driver. This is important for me, but doubly important for the SWMBO who installed this software on a new machine she’s setting up for her graphic design business. On her system, that ends up being 104dpi, on mine it’s 102 dpi. The font sizes available at 96 dpi seem to be either too big or too small, also the icons are either too big or too small. I get what I want by tweaking DPI in all respects EXCEPT with 1 Click.

Can anyone explain, in what strange parallel universe does it make sense for a DVD copy app – which AFAIK never, ever displays anything THAT critical DPI-wise – would care about the DPI setting?

Maybe there IS a logical explanation for this, but on the surface this is one of the lamest things I’ve seen in software since “Microsoft Bob”. For those who don’t know what I mean by that, let’s just say 100x lamer than “Mr Clippy”.

Microsoft Bob:

Mr. Clippy:

( See also: http://youtube.com/watch?v=rB03aRifPLU and http://youtube.com/watch?v=sMShkAZR1-Q )

[QUOTE=sharkskin;2030883]I generally set my screen DPI such that 1" on the screen is 1" as understood by my video driver. This is important for me, but doubly important for the SWMBO who installed this software on a new machine she’s setting up for her graphic design business. On her system, that ends up being 104dpi, on mine it’s 102 dpi. The font sizes available at 96 dpi seem to be either too big or too small, also the icons are either too big or too small. I get what I want by tweaking DPI in all respects EXCEPT with 1 Click.

Can anyone explain, in what strange parallel universe does it make sense for a DVD copy app – which AFAIK never, ever displays anything THAT critical DPI-wise – would care about the DPI setting?

Maybe there IS a logical explanation for this, but on the surface this is one of the lamest things I’ve seen in software since “Microsoft Bob”. For those who don’t know what I mean by that, let’s just say 100x lamer than “Mr Clippy”.

[/QUOTE]

… This has never been a problem … for most

Try adjusting your Resolution rather than the DPI

The 96 DPI constraint - has something to do with the Delphi Graphic drivers used (?)

• or something like that

If you want to complain

• where it might actually do some good

… or at least
You’ll receive the Specific Technical explanation …

I suggest that you [B]Contact LGSI Support[/B]

:slight_smile:

[quote=shannon90210;2030968]… This has never been a problem … for most

Try adjusting your Resolution rather than the DPI

The 96 DPI constraint - has something to do with the Delphi Graphic drivers used (?)

• or something like that

If you want to complain

• where it might actually do some good

… or at least
You’ll receive the Specific Technical explanation …

I suggest that you [B]Contact LGSI Support[/B]

:)[/quote]
Thanks for the support link, though that page basically says that if you want to ask about anything other than payment or registration, go to the support forum – which I did.

In any case I can’t use the support form ATM because I am away from the computer that has the reg key stored on it.