What's this all about?

Too late. :bigsmile:

Sorry to [B]zebadee[/B] for helping aid this conversation to go off-topic. My sincerest congrats. :flower:

[QUOTE=Albert;2010301]Too late. :bigsmile:

Sorry to [B]zebadee[/B] for helping aid this conversation to go off-topic. My sincerest congrats. :flower:[/QUOTE]yeah funny how it’s always the title change but nothing said about stealth mode :\

[QUOTE=Arachne;2010224]Maybe we should split the difference and give you “Moaning Old Guru” :bigsmile:

Be careful what you wish for though…Tax can be mischievious when it comes to user titles (trust me, I know) ;)[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
When I enquired, TAX told me “titles” go on merit.
Nothing more.
End of…:doh:

[QUOTE=zebadee;2010326]Hi :slight_smile:
When I enquired, TAX told me “titles” go on merit.
Nothing more.
End of…:doh:[/QUOTE]
I would like to see Tax’s definition of merit.

I will not donate for CDF’s anymore.

[QUOTE=Bob;2010328]I would like to see Tax’s definition of merit.[/QUOTE]

Me too!
Cause I know quite a few who beggar belief. :eek:

[QUOTE=zebadee;2010333]Hi :slight_smile:
Me too!
Cause I know quite a few who beggar belief. :eek:[/QUOTE]or a beggar man a thief

Woahhhh!!! getting in a tizzy over a title.:eek:
Admins can change titles, but it’s generally left to management and Tax.

Mods can change user titles too, but these are not nice titles. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2010338]Woahhhh!!! getting in a tizzy over a title.:eek:
Admins can change titles, but it’s generally left to management and Tax.

Mods can change user titles too, but these are not nice titles. :)[/QUOTE]Do you know what i want me title to be and i want stealth also Dee:confused:

No Bob, i don’t know what you want your title to be.
I personally don’t care what my title is. I don’t need one to be here. :slight_smile:

Maybe i just choose one to suit how i am at any one time.
<— :wink:

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2010351]No Bob, i don’t know what you want your title to be.
I personally don’t care what my title is. I don’t need one to be here. :slight_smile:

Maybe i just choose one to suit how i am at any one time.
<— ;)[/QUOTE]If the shoe fits :bigsmile:

(((((((((((bob)))))))))) :slight_smile:

To all.
I started this thread initially as I was surprised at the title change (especially on such a random # of posts).
I had some time ago requested that my title be simply ‘member’.
As I don’t really have anything to do with CD’s.
So CD Freak (*yes I know) didn’t seem appropriate.
I was told this was not possible (having personal title’s).
Titles went on # of posts (chitchat etc not included).
But several members are made an exception (& there seems no logic to this i.e. how or why).
I still do not see myself as a CD anything.
Certainly not GURU.
As I believe such title’s misleading.
So just ‘member’ or even ‘Moaning Old Git’ seemed more than appropriate in my case. :iagree: :bigsmile:
I do however feel that others should not really add fuel to fire as it were.
Titles are always misleading.
So perhaps just member or Mod (not for me :disagree: but titles in general) would suffice.
*Taking the name of a forum as part of a title seems a bit superfluous, as all here know the name. :eek:

Thanks for explaining zebadee, it’s a lot clearer now. Some interesting suggestions in there IMO.

(Yes, I know I said I’d leave this thread be, but you know…). :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2010373]Thanks for explaining zebadee, it’s a lot clearer now. Some interesting suggestions in there IMO.

(Yes, I know I said I’d leave this thread be, but you know…). :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks …I think…:doh:
As an aside perhaps I should have stealth mode.
I wouldn’t frighten so many away then. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Bob;2010231]The thing that gets me zebadee is the people that get special titles and stealth have very few or no posts at all in the forums helping anyone. They are just in chat here…

We should not really be so concern about these titles they means nothing and will bring no respect from other peers. We are all bunch of guys/gals know each other’s for years and do have feeling for one another (friend when never met).

[QUOTE=TCAS;2010507][QUOTE=Bob;2010231]The thing that gets me zebadee is the people that get special titles and stealth have very few or no posts at all in the forums helping anyone. They are just in chat here…

We should not really be so concern about these titles them means nothing and will bring no respect from other peers. We are all bunch of guys/gals know each other’s for years and do have feeling for one another (friend when never met).[/QUOTE]
TCAS i didn’t know you had a ticket on this train but i get tired of hearing this:

[QUOTE=sevolnam;2010509][B]Greetings Guru…[/B]

Thank you for your response… I’ve tried the run>cmd> and I lost from there. Tried the folder name, but that was an error. Could you please instruct me more specifically about the path name. Forgive my ignorance, it’s obvious I’m a Newbie… I’ll keep tinkering until I hear back from you… I will also stay on line in case you become available for a chat regarding this…

Again; I appreciate you…[/QUOTE]I’m not a Guru here :disagree:

[QUOTE=Dee-27;2010357](((((((((((bob)))))))))) :)[/QUOTE](((((((((((Dee)))))))))) :slight_smile:

Guess the title discussion is a recurring discussion and it appears it resulted in envy and frustration. So I guess I will have to explain this again. I really dislike this whole discussion, especially since it wastes a lot of my precious time. But, since I dislike censorship even more, I will explain. However, I will not soon forget that this was brought up again, especially not in the tone it is currently discussed.

On this forum user titles are, in first instance, linked to the number of posts. The number of posts does not have any direct relation to the knowledge of the user; so the user status does not either. The number of posts, however, is an indication of how much time is spent on the forums. In this respect the user title is, indirectly, an indication of the involvement in this forum. The current user titles and corresponding post counts are as follows:

New on Forum 0
CD Freaks Rookie 30
CD Freaks Junior Member 50
CD Freaks Member 100
CD Freaks Senior Member 250
CD Freaks Die Hard 1,000
CD Freak 2,000
CD Freaks Guru 4,500

Custom user titles can be set by management and (senior) admins. Generally they are granted to users who have contributed to the forum in a special way. Examples of this are developers/authors and other official company representatives. Other situations in which users are granted custom user titles is in recognition of past contributions, such as retired moderators/administrators (e.g. Redneck, Mattel007, Ruff-Next_Gangsta, Portmac, Airhead, sies and Wookie). Sometimes custom titles are given out in jest, examples of this are Slayerking, Debro, Sexy_southerner, dansmug, Shellie Mae, iamrocket and Wannez. Custom user titles cannot be bought and are granted at the discretion of the management and/or (senior) admins. A full list of users with a custom user title is attached to this post.

I never expected that this would be such a hot topic, that people could get so worked up about it. Part of the whole discussion also appears to be the extra privileges that were connected to the “Custom User Titles” usergroup. These privileges included “Invisibility mode” and “Receipt Confirmation on PMs”.

So to take away at least part of the apparent envy with some, I have now removed all extra privileges for the entire “Custom User Titles” usergroup. This means that ALL custom title users now have exactly the same privileges and access permissions as regular registered users.

I will not remove people’s custom user titles, unless they do something that warrants its removal. Because there will always people with custom user titles, not all users will be the same. To quote George Orwell on this one: “All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others”.

I really regret it has come to this. Moreover, I regret that people feel this way and felt the need to bring this discussion in public, especially at the tone it is carried now. I pretty much said what I wanted to say about this whole subject and I hope that this is the end of it.

Custom User Titles.txt (906 Bytes)

Tax i was not going to say anymore on this matter but when i saw your and Arachne’s rude comments in chat for something i never wished for.

yeah it was funny when you made the rude comments eh? Now your acting all serious?

The tsunami is/was nothing to be laughed about but it seems there is a joke here somewhere and i don’t get it.

That’s all i have to say…Happy Caturday to one and all.

[QUOTE=Bob;2010234]Funny thing is i see you make tutorials and get no recognition…[/QUOTE]

I had said to someone I wouldn’t post in this thread anymore.
However I felt a need to respond to this post.
For me the title is meaningless.
i.e. You are a Member or a Mod* etc.
Your contributions regardless of content, as long as it is not offensive.
Should all be seen as valuable. (Fulfilling a need of that forums community.)
*As can be seen on other forums I either have a member title or a tongue in cheek one.
Status is often sort by those less deserving.
I also believe that if you are doing something for something in return.
Then you are doing it for the wrong reasons.
I am, in my eyes simply a member here. Nothing more.
Sharing access of information.
Thanks to those who make this possible. :iagree: :bow: :clap:

• Most folk can tell by the content & the posters behaviour whether they merit any respect.
    This can & is achieved regardless of title. :cool:
    Just wish I could figure out a way to fool a few. :stuck_out_tongue: