What's the temperature where you are?

vbimport

Same here about 18c and very mild. Its usually much colder than this now.

It is a miracle, but it is happening… A green christmas for the second time in my 50 year lifespan.
Of the two, this is the ‘greenest’ as the temperatures up until now for the most has been above freezing point.

The cost? Well sundown is around 3PM and it is pitch dark from around 4PM. With snow, the billions of snow crystals reflects whatever little light is present and even the moon will serve as a light source.
I will say this though, I will happily pay the price… Never had any fear of the dark anyway as I try to light my own path

It is nothing short of sensational, here’s hoping for the whole winter :flower:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2765468]
Well sundown is around 3PM and it is pitch dark from around 4PM.[/QUOTE]

and here i have friends complain that it gets dark around 5:30PM :o they should move north to get a better taste of dark :wink:

back to the weather, so far its excellent during day we have temps close to 15C :bigsmile: and it can go down to 1 or 2C during the night.

We’ve been having blizzard conditions here today. Started last night and has continued since then. Very unusual for West Texas.

High was about 30 degrees F.

Here’s a few shots:

Quite different here in Ireland. We’re experiencing an unusually wet and warm spell for December. We recently had set records for the heaviest 24Hr rainfall.

At the moment, it is 12°C outside, considering it’s 11:53pm. Outdoor plants are even confused with many bushes sprouting leaves as if it’s already Spring!

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2765664]We’ve been having blizzard conditions here today. Started last night and has continued since then. Very unusual for West Texas.

High was about 30 degrees F.[/QUOTE]

Wahoo… I’ll be… That’s more like Norway this time of the year. We got a little snow yesterday (I hope it will not last)… Still, my ‘green christmas’ came through…

West Texas? On an avarage, how often does it snow at all there? Pardon me, but the Gulf stream is the reason we can even live here and so it seems a tad odd - Anyone with spike tyres in the garage? :wink:

[QUOTE=vroom;2765469]and here i have friends complain that it gets dark around 5:30PM :o they should move north to get a better taste of dark :wink:

back to the weather, so far its excellent during day we have temps close to 15C :bigsmile: and it can go down to 1 or 2C during the night.[/QUOTE]

Add to it that sun-up is around 9AM and we’re at the 6 hour daylight level… person to person, this sucks and it becomes very important to ‘cash in’ wherever possible - No wonder Christmas has a hold on us :wink:

:p:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Xercus;2765666]Wahoo… I’ll be… That’s more like Norway this time of the year. We got a little snow yesterday (I hope it will not last)… Still, my ‘green christmas’ came through…

West Texas? On an avarage, how often does it snow at all there? Pardon me, but the Gulf stream is the reason we can even live here and so it seems a tad odd - Anyone with spike tyres in the garage? ;)[/QUOTE]

On average, we will see snow about three times during the winter. We get cold fronts moving through, but it rarely snows much this far south.

And no one around here is prepared for driving on snow. We’re probably some of the least capable drivers for snow/icy conditions in the country, with only the folks in Hawaii definitely rating worse.

And I am on the east coast by NYC and its 60F and mild, backwards weather.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2765668]On average, we will see snow about three times during the winter. We get cold fronts moving through, but it rarely snows much this far south.

And no one around here is prepared for driving on snow. We’re probably some of the least capable drivers for snow/icy conditions in the country, with only the folks in Hawaii definitely rating worse.[/QUOTE]

Hehehehe no shit! :bigsmile:
I ought to come by and show you a few tricks on ice using spike tyres… like drifting the curves perfectly controlled with a rear wheel drive (it is not that hard if you know how, it is actually fun) or more technical advance tricks like, four wheel drive four wheel drifting or how to regain control of a front wheel driven car using the brake and gas pedal in conjunction. :iagree:
When you have six months of winter driving conditions normally, it is natural to learn the techniques even if you do not try to (unless you enjoy the ditch of course :p). It requires spike tyres though which I am certain is a scarce commodity in the west Texas (they may even be illegal for all I know). :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2765684] And I am on the east coast by NYC and its 60F and mild, backwards weather.[/QUOTE]

Lucky lucky lucky… can I borrow 10F from you? that would remove the snow that came December 26th :bigsmile:

January+Norway=Freeeeezing :iagree:

It usually is colder this time of the year and so we have no reason to complaint. the current -4°C/24.8°F is helped by a gentle breeze to make it feel as if it is even colder :rolleyes:

Last couple of days we were very close to 0C during the day, so I am not very impressed.
Lets hope that this prediction will be true and we can have temps closer to 10C

@xercus -9C :eek: i am freezing only thinking about it.
I hope that the weather will get better very soon :wink:

@vroom Living up here, we can only dream of hitting temperatures like yours until late March if we are lucky, if not, sometime during April.

When the wind hits from east or northeast, it gets much colder than when it comes from the west/southwest as the Gulf stream heats the air (it is nowhere near warm then either though).
The warmest winter weather we can hope for is when it blows up here in a corridor from around your location in the south.
In other words, please start a fan point it to the north and blow me a little air will you :bigsmile:

On a serious note, a fun trivia for people interested in weather is this global wind map http://earth.nullschool.net/ zoom in with the scroll whel and turn the globe with left-click-drag :stuck_out_tongue:

40 F. Red Bank NJ

-24C. Really cold here today… Brrrr…

You know, I feel for you there blackened2687, I am used to temperatures like that too. However, we are a bit lucky at the moment and only have -7°C… which is a small brrr compared to yours…
It gets coldest here when the wind comes down in a corridor from Siberia… -20°C - -30°C typically.
Grab some warmth from vroom’s forcast and keep warm :flower:

@blackened2687 & @xercus, well we are back on the + site, 7C not bad. Now we only need to find this big bright yellow thing that they call SUN :wink: then we can share it with you guys.

Currently -17 C, feels like -25 C. Drops to around -30 C at nights. Life goes on as usual.

40F Red Bank, NJ, (why don’t everyone let us know the location also , many haven’t)

Winter weather at the moment, Moderate breeze, 7m/s from northeast and -12°C/10.4°F.:eek:

On the bright side, the beer gets cold pretty fast :bigsmile: