Whats the newest dvd burner that i can bit set

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Plextor PX-716A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello i have been using the plextor 716a for a long time…is there a new unit thats maybe better that will allow for the but set change?
If not plextor im open for suggestions but i want a good, fast, new unit.

Thanks for your help
kentucky

[quote=kentuckynet;2153776][qanda]This thread is about the Plextor PX-716A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello i have been using the plextor 716a for a long time…is there a new unit thats maybe better that will allow for the but set change?
If not plextor im open for suggestions but i want a good, fast, new unit.

Thanks for your help
kentucky[/quote]

Plextor does’nt make drives anymore. The drives with Plextors name on it today are usually LG, Pioneer is a nice drive and can be firmware bit set to DVDROM on the +R media. There is many brands besides Pioneer that can be bit set today. LG, LiteOn, Pioneer, NEC, etc. Im into Pioneer drives but i have all the other brands also so its up to you what u want. You just have to make sure the model your interested in can Bit Set. But forget the new Plextors all together because there not plextors. The only thing Plextor on the new drives is there name.

Thanks

Which pioneer would you recommend?

Pioneer 115/215 is a great burner with mature firmware, but it is no longer in production, but you may pick one up somewhere.

The newer 116/216 has only had 1 released firmware, and while generally good, there are a few minor issues that firmware will hopefully sort out in the future.

Word of warning though, flashing the Pioneer drives with the modified bitsetting firmware will invalidate your warranty, as it is not officially supported.