What's the first thing you do on waking up in the morning?

vbimport

Or afternoon. :bigsmile:

First things I do are, switch on my PCs :o and put the kettle on for some tea.

Edit: then I let the cat in…oooops how could I forget him?!

What about you?

ok i’ll edit this Lin:

Put on some clothes then give the dog her treats then kiss the wife and then turn on my pc.

I forgot to add the dog treats.

I should have added “after using the loo”, as I think we all do that :wink:

Upon waking up, I spend between 5 minutes to an hour [yes, an hour] trying to pry myself out of bed. This involves tossing and turning, trying to convince my eyelids to open, sliding my glasses on, and trying to let go of the sheets. If I’m lucky, I won’t fall back asleep with my glasses on [which has happened].

After that, I hit the power button on me computer to make sure CD Freaks hasn’t fallen off the face of the earth, tune in to a good TV show, and start my day [for whatever I should decide to do].

In about 2 weeks, though, I’m pretty sure this will change a LOT, so I’ll have to post back in this thread then. [College is coming fast for me, dontcha know].

1.Go to the only place that kings go alone
2.Wear my glasses
3.Make some coffe and something to eat
4.Put some music on (sometime this is the first thing i do)
5.Turn on the pc

Start coffee
turn on the PC
turn on the TV and DVD recorder
feed my cat and let him out
check my email

[QUOTE=Albert;2106776]Upon waking up, I spend between 5 minutes to an hour [yes, an hour] trying to pry myself out of bed. This involves tossing and turning, trying to convince my eyelids to open, sliding my glasses on, and trying to let go of the sheets. If I’m lucky, I won’t fall back asleep with my glasses on [which has happened].

After that, I hit the power button on me computer to make sure CD Freaks hasn’t fallen off the face of the earth, tune in to a good TV show, and start my day [for whatever I should decide to do].

In about 2 weeks, though, I’m pretty sure this will change a LOT, so I’ll have to post back in this thread then. [College is coming fast for me, dontcha know].[/QUOTE]

LOL Albert, you sound a lot like me :bigsmile:…right down to the falling back to sleep occasionally with glasses on :bigsmile:

Hehe, CC…how funny, you let your cat out, I let mine in :wink:

edit - let my Cat in OR out.

Eh, turn my monitor on (am I the only one that leaves their rig running?) and turn the TV on something tolerable.
Make coffee…and drink a Dr. Pepper.
Get ready for work.
Leave for work.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2106758]I should have added “after using the loo”, as I think we all do that ;)[/QUOTE]

I don’t know what this “loo” is that you keep on about, but I do usually use the bathroom. :wink:

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2106794]I don’t know what this “loo” is that you keep on about, but I do usually use the bathroom. ;)[/QUOTE]

Same thing :bigsmile:

I know, I was just poking fun at british slang. :wink:

^It’s all very logical. We would ask: what if your loo isn’t in the bathroom :wink:

Normally 5 am wake up - wondering why I’ve woken up; then listen to radio or podcast then fall asleep again. Get woken up at 6.30 by youngest daughter all dressed and ready for school, then we both wake up the elder one for the first time. :rolleyes:

Spend the next 45 min continuously nagging the elder to get out of bed, to be on time for the train just like her younger sister who is strangely a model of punctuality in this scenario. Stop rapidly escalating fight about who has who’s comb/brush/skirt. Then intervene in secondary shouting match about who has the PE/dance/swimming kit that was borrowed by secret arrangement, and promised to be returned in time when needed. Wonder why the two PE/dance/swimming kits I forked out for seem to have merged into one, which is apparently languishing and growing mould in a locker somewhere. Then notice something and tell younger daughter she can’t wear that much make-up to school. Cue the tears, flouncing, storming off, thumping around upstairs; followed in five min by her plonking down next to me and staring rigidly at TV. Then for sake of family harmony, acquiesce to the approx 10% less makeup than before :rolleyes:. Make toast, pancakes, coffee, sometimes sandwiches. Give them piece of fruit plus a KitKat (that I know will be eaten first). Fruitlessly rummage around in bag for small change, that of course doesn’t exist in the right combination, for them both to get train tickets/school dinners. See the younger off with kisses out the door, then shout at elder that she has two min before train is missed. More heavy footwork down the stairs indicates a clear move to get out before non-compliant dress code is noticed. By this time I don’t care unless I get a school letter. More kisses and finally they’re both gone.

Have about 10 min of peace to myself to drink coffee, eat gnawed remains of croissant or toast crusts; if lucky, with marmite on. Iron shirt. Look at trousers and decide they’ll do.

Look in on CDF and see who’s been naughty. Wish could sin-bin own children… then realise I can. Wonder how many worlds am existing in.

Set off for work: 50 min journey underground. Only true time away from everything, since mobiles and pagers and bleeps don’t work down there. And thank the Lord for that.

Hehe, Imkidd, that post made me grin. :bigsmile:…5am though :eek:

Remind me not to have too many kids.

OK then lesson one is that going from one, to two, is like going from owning one pet, to owning a zoo.

I’m told that after that, it gets proportionally a lot easier. :). Plus there’ll be two of you.

when im working:

420 am get up and check forum [computer always on], trying to read while my eyes are not open yet. wake up enough to take a shower and leave for work by 520 am.

im still off work for another week. my morning varies from 7am to 10am depending on how late ive stayed up [or had to drink] the night before. laze around the house trying to keep the kids happy at the same time.

Well, I force myself out of bed. Then I’ll turn on my pc. And take a nice cold shower. :cool::cool:

6.30 AM last Alarm
Make Sure Kids get up to get ready for School, Go back to sleep till 7AM :cool:
Fall out of Bed Run to kitchen Make Samies for School.
Do a litle dance outside Bathroom ( waiting for some1 to come out):sad:
Throw a Humungus Oversize T Shirt over Jamies 7.15AM take Kids to School 1 in Primary other in High School.
Get back home at 7.45 Check E.mail and Freaks :flower:
Get Propper Dressed when I have to :bigsmile:

I only have 1[B] Loo [/B]and its in the Bathroom :wink:

The very first thing I do, is wish to god that it wasn’t morning yet, or wish that it was the weekend…

Then after being disappointed for about 20 minutes, I drag my butt out of bed, and lay down on the couch and watch CNN for about 20 min.

Then I shave, hit the shower, and then grab a yogurt and banana, and head out the door…

Then the rest of the day, I wish that I was still home in bed… lol