What's the best way to convert avi to DVD?

Anyone one with experience or knowledge please lend a helping hand! I’m having some issues converting avi movies to dvd.

My project usually consists of taking a media file like avi and using the latest version of Nero Vision to convert it to DVD format and burning it to disk. I configure the setting to fit-to-disk and only use High Quality 2-pass VBR and then burn it using the lowest burn settings which is 4mbps. I usually get good burns but my success rate is not where I want it. Right now its at about 75% I would like it around 90% or above where I know most get it. At this point I don’t know if its my DVD burner which is a Sony DVD burner (don’t know the model) or it might be Nero Vision (the latest version of Nero 8). In any which way I would like to know the best possible way to handle what I’m doing. Is there a better one step software in converting avi or any other video format to dvd? Whats the best DVD burner I can use for the type of media I am burning with?( Taiyo Yuden inkjet hub printable 8x dvd-r dvd) All of your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TY should burn good in almost any burner. You might try some of the other video programs like FAVC, VirtualDub, ConvertXtoDVD, etc…

If this is for home use, i bought a DivX/DVD/USB player. It plays any region,PAL/NTSC, and most any format. It also plays from USB thumb drives and external hard drives formated to FAT32. I have a RCA DRC285 but there are others.

You just burn the .avi to a CD-R if it will fit or to a DVD and life is good.

[QUOTE=jaylee46;2120634]Anyone one with experience or knowledge please lend a helping hand! I’m having some issues converting avi movies to dvd.

My project usually consists of taking a media file like avi and using the latest version of Nero Vision to convert it to DVD format and burning it to disk. I configure the setting to fit-to-disk and only use High Quality 2-pass VBR and then burn it using the lowest burn settings which is 4mbps. I usually get good burns but my success rate is not where I want it. Right now its at about 75% I would like it around 90% or above where I know most get it. At this point I don’t know if its my DVD burner which is a Sony DVD burner (don’t know the model) or it might be Nero Vision (the latest version of Nero 8). In any which way I would like to know the best possible way to handle what I’m doing. Is there a better one step software in converting avi or any other video format to dvd? Whats the best DVD burner I can use for the type of media I am burning with?( Taiyo Yuden inkjet hub printable 8x dvd-r dvd) All of your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE]

If you want a easy program that is also free you may want to check out DVDFlick it will also upscale the sound/autio to 5.1

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2120649]If you want a easy program that is also free you may want to check out DVDFlick it will also upscale the sound/autio to 5.1[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much bro! Will do!

i use win avi it will convert almost all files to dvd then just use nero never had one that it will not do m8

[QUOTE=jaylee46;2120703]Thank you very much bro! Will do![/QUOTE]

any time my friend, have a nice day :flower:

@ uuufffooo
so does DVDFlick :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2120739]any time my friend, have a nice day :flower:

@ uuufffooo
so does DVDFlick :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

have not tyed that one m8 will have a look thanks

Thanks guys for all your responses and help guy I downloaded ConvertXtoDVD and used it. I feel in love with it from the first use and haven’t had any problems with it. The quality is good and it is quick as hell compared to Nero Vision. If you guys know anything else, I have my ears open. Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it!
:smiley: