What's the best stuff?

This forum helped me get to the root of my problem with a terrible burn rate, where there were almost no discs that worked with my one-year-old Sony Vaio laptop.
Now I have a cheap external burner which works like a dream.
So now I would like to know what the best burning programme is, and what are the best discs to buy for music I want to know is safe for, oh, a century.
Is Nero the best and why?
And are TY discs the best?
Thanks for any advice as a total newbie.
By the way, I am using the burner mostly for playing back half-finished home recordings. So I may record, say, drums, bass and rhythm guitar in ProTools, save it as a Wave, burn it to CD, listen to it on hi-fi in another room, sort out the balance and then add some more instruments and do another burn a few hours later.
Cheers for your help.
:slight_smile:

[quote=vicshere;2237813]This forum helped me get to the root of my problem with a terrible burn rate, where there were almost no discs that worked with my one-year-old Sony Vaio laptop.
Now I have a cheap external burner which works like a dream.
So now I would like to know what the best burning programme is, and what are the best discs to buy for music I want to know is safe for, oh, a century.
Is Nero the best and why?
And are TY discs the best?
Thanks for any advice as a total newbie.
By the way, I am using the burner mostly for playing back half-finished home recordings. So I may record, say, drums, bass and rhythm guitar in ProTools, save it as a Wave, burn it to CD, listen to it on hi-fi in another room, sort out the balance and then add some more instruments and do another burn a few hours later.
Cheers for your help.
:)[/quote]
If you are talking about CD’s for music then get Verbatim, if DVD is what your talking about then Taiyo Yuden is the way to go :wink:
As far as burning app ImgBurn is top notch :bigsmile:

Thanks, I’ll have a look.
:smiley:

search the forum

OK, will do.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2237819]If you are talking about CD’s for music then get Verbatim, if DVD is what your talking about then Taiyo Yuden is the way to go ;)[/QUOTE]I think, it’s the other way round :wink:
Taiyo Yuden CD-R is the best stuff to feed a CD burner :slight_smile: And Verbatim DVD media are indeed the most recommended at the moment.

Michael

Thanks, I did wonder! I need to get some TY, it seems.
:iagree:

[quote=vicshere;2238217]Thanks, I did wonder! I need to get some TY, it seems.
:iagree:[/quote]

Yo-

Good - reliable source for quality premium Taiyo Yuden medias - both CD-R and DVD is Rima and can be found here:

www.rima.com

(btw - strongly recommend the TY 8x +R DVD discs)

I should’ve said I’m in Scotland.
I guess they don’t sell here; seems like a good price.

[quote=mciahel;2238136]I think, it’s the other way round :wink:
Taiyo Yuden CD-R is the best stuff to feed a CD burner :slight_smile: And Verbatim DVD media are indeed the most recommended at the moment.

Michael[/quote]
I prefer Taiyo Yuden for all my media :iagree: but have read the Verbatim CD’s are very good :smiley:
but like I said I’m strictly use Taiyo Yuden, course I do use a select(MIS ;)) Verbatim double layer disc’s

[quote=vicshere;2238248]I should’ve said I’m in Scotland.
I guess they don’t sell here; seems like a good price.[/quote] Then take a look at the Taiyo Yuden offerings at [B]SVP[/B] which is near you.

I second the suggestion to go for the 8x DVD+R (media code: YUDEN000 T02).

Hi,[QUOTE=StormJumper;2238254]I prefer Taiyo Yuden for all my media :iagree: but have read the Verbatim CD’s are very good :D[/QUOTE]it depends. Verbatim Pastel discs are finest Yuden CD-R. Other product lines are the Extra Protection which can be anything from China made CMC, Indian MBI stuff to Japanese TY.
I also have some Super Azo Crystal Data Life plus CD-R which are MiI. No bad experience with them, but rather high jitter. Nothing special with these.

Michael

I’ve ordered 100 TYwhite printables, hopefully arriving tomorrow.
Imagine being excited at my age about some blank CDs!
I’ll let you know how they work.
Cheers
:smiley:

[QUOTE=vicshere;2242160]I’ve ordered 100 TYwhite printables, hopefully arriving tomorrow.
[B]Imagine being excited at my age about some blank CDs![/B]
Cheers
:D[/QUOTE]

LOL there will always be a kid in us at old age :bigsmile:

[quote=vicshere;2242160]I’ve ordered 100 TY white printables, hopefully arriving tomorrow.
Imagine being excited at my age about some blank CD’s!
Cheers
:D[/quote]

Yo vicswhere-

Good choice :iagree: - am sure that you will be very satisfied - btw suggest burning audio at 16x for best compatibility with home and auto players-eh!!