What's the best software?

I have Roxio 5 that came with the PC and was thinking of upgrading to the latest Platinum version. I want to make CDs and DVDs of *.wma or mp3 files and maybe movies.

What is the best software for this as opinion seems to be divided?

(system = P4 3.2 GHz, 1024 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 1950X, Win XP2, 160 GB HDD, NEC 3440 DVD/CD burner)

~

I like Nero a lot

From EZCD/Roxio you can only go up.

Nero.

I’ve been a long time Roxio user but I’ve stopped upgrading after V7.5. Versions 8 & 9 are too much of the Sonic software for my likings.

Nero 6 would be good as would the free ImgBurn and CDBurnerXP Pro for general burning. For Audio CDs then Burrrn is as good as anything.

Nero and EZCD/Roxio are about the same, there is not much difference between them. Both are full of bugs. I found [B] K3B [/B] works the best :slight_smile:

Another vote for K3B if you run Linux or *BSD.
If you haven’t switched to Linux yet, Try Nero for
Windows.

Welcome to CD Freaks.

Cheers, guys, keep it coming (maybe I should have done a poll?) I’ll be buying the software at the end of the week.

(system = P4 3.2 GHz, 1024 MB RAM, ATI Radeon 1950X, Win XP2, 160 GB HDD, NEC ND-4550A DVD/CD burner (not 3440 as I said earlier)

~

I myself personally had used Roxio and didn’t come up with good results so I switched to nero 6. I don’t like the reviews and users problems they been having with nero 7 lately so I am sticking with 6 as that has been good to me and no big software updates or major problems I could resolve yet.

TimC summarised all the options well. :iagree:

I use Roxio 9 and Nero 7 both because they have different strengths and weaknesses. For backup, I use DVD Fab Platinum.

Yep. Especially Burrrn, which I use quite a bit. :slight_smile:

It was thanks to Tim that I discovered the software.