What's the best setting for backing up MOHAA

vbimport

:frowning:
I need help backing up medal of honor allied assault. I have tried to use Clone CD 4 beat 30 with the "game" setting. I've also tried the settings proposed by clonyxxl, but none of the backup is able to pass the cd check. I used CD rewritable disk to make the backup so I would not waste CD's. I test the backup with a normal CD ROM reader (not CDRW). Is it possible that my backup CD doesn't work because the cd checking software recognize my backup as a CD rewritable disk? I think it's unlikely becuase I used a generic CD ROM drive. But is it possible?
another question:
What setting should I use in order to create a working backup (that passes cd check)?

I am using YAMAHA 2200EZ to backup the disk

plz help!!!

You should read here to learn about some Yammy issues from the author of CloneCD. You should also take a look at the ‘must read’ links in my signature below.

Your yamaha will not back-up sd2 protected disks…

I’ve successfully backuped Black and White, which is also protected by SD2. I thought my drive is invincible
:slight_smile:

Late model Yammys are known to produce backups that work in the burner only (with Hide CD-R Media as required). Early revisions of SD2 (2.2 -2.4) allowed backups that worked in a wide range of non-picky players

By the way, as far as I know cd-rw discs don’t work at normal CD-ROMs regardless of what the disc contains.

Originally posted by Supi Suomalaine
By the way, as far as I know cd-rw discs don’t work at normal CD-ROMs regardless of what the disc contains.

You’re wrong. CDRW-discs are just like normal CD-R’s, but rewritable. See the connection CDR(W)? :wink:
As such they can be read in almost any normal CD-ROM.

At least my cd-rom drive failed to read an cd-rw…

Some older drive even can’t read CD-R…
like my school’s computers CD-ROM drive…
they can only read CD-ROMs :slight_smile:

CD-RW Discs will only work in CD-ROM drives that support MultiRead. Most newer CD-ROM drives and almost all DVD-ROM drives support this technology.

Peace

Dalant