What's the best resolution for my 32" TV?

vbimport

I have connected my TV to my graphics card using an S-Video cable so that I can watch stuff from my PC on my television. I can’t seem to find the correct resolution so that my desktop fills the screen on the TV. My monitor’s resolution is 1680x1050 and it’s 22". My TV is 32" and the maximum resolution I can use is 2048x1536. When I drag the mouse over to the TV, the wallpaper is too big for the screen and I can’t see the whole picture when watching video clips.

S-Video supports only 704x480, 640x480 might be the best available monitor resolution.

ATI card by chance?

I have the ATI Radeon 3850 HD card and I can’t find any software like your screen shot. The software I have that came with the card is Hydravision. Where can I get some software that will allow me to change my TV resolution without affecting my monitor?

[QUOTE=Garybrown02;2450562]I have the ATI Radeon 3850 HD card and I can’t find any software like your screen shot. The software I have that came with the card is Hydravision. Where can I get some software that will allow me to change my TV resolution without affecting my monitor?[/QUOTE]

ATI Catalyst Control Center part of the driver suite. Well worth having.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx