Whats the best method to copy data that act like the cd is scratched (errors)

vbimport

[B]Hey everyone.
i need help. i have a dvd-r that contains tv-shows. the dvd-r is clean 100% and burned 2 days ago.
when i try to play the files they are jumping/read errors/skipining frames/ and act like the dvd-r that is scratched.
what to do about it? what is the best software/method to copy the files and play them in a proper way?

tnx :slight_smile: [/B]

well based on what your telling me…

here is what i think it is… either A) bad quality media … or B) your burning the dvd’s to fast (i.e. 16x) … or possibly both

in general buy either Verbatim or TY (Taiyo Yuden) brand discs (DVD+R is preferred, but -R aint a bad choice either) and burn @ 8x speed.

cause generally speaking burning a 16x rated disc at it’s full speed is usually a bad idea if your concerned about ‘quality’ of the disc… especially on cheaper or no-name brand discs… but in your current situation just try reburning the disc @ 8x burning speed… if that dont work get Verbatim DVD+R discs and burn those @ 8x… i would almost bet that for sure would take care of the issue in most cases.

and then see what happens :wink:

so in other words if the video etc etc is skipping i would just reburn it onto quality discs… if that dvd-r is the only copy you now have … i would assume your PC burner can still read it properly (atleast i hope lol)

[QUOTE=NBR;2168143]well based on what your telling me…

here is what i think it is… either A) bad quality media … or B) your burning the dvd’s to fast (i.e. 16x) … or possibly both

in general buy either Verbatim or TY (Taiyo Yuden) brand discs (DVD+R is preferred, but -R aint a bad choice either) and burn @ 8x speed.

cause generally speaking burning a 16x rated disc at it’s full speed is usually a bad idea if your concerned about ‘quality’ of the disc… especially on cheaper or no-name brand discs… but in your current situation just try reburning the disc @ 8x burning speed… if that dont work get Verbatim DVD+R discs and burn those @ 8x… i would almost bet that for sure would take care of the issue in most cases.

and then see what happens :wink:

so in other words if the video etc etc is skipping i would just reburn it onto quality discs… if that dvd-r is the only copy you now have … i would assume your PC burner can still read it properly (atleast i hope lol)[/QUOTE]

[B]tnx for the comment.
for that burn ive used SilverLine Extreme DVD+R 16x.
i dont remember the speed ive burned it but i didnt get any erros when burn cds/dvds at 16x (other than PS/PS2/X-BOX offcourse).

is it matter what the burning soft? i mean most of the time for data im using Ashampoo Burning Studio and Nero Express.

what more steps i cant take to prevent this kind of errors in the future (mostly data dvdr/cdr) except for the first two u mention.

tnx[/B]

Yo-

Suggest taking [B]NBR[/B]'s [I]excellent[/I] advice - then - [I]if[/I] you still have problems - try looking with us for further solutions-eh!!