What's the best Liteon DVD Drive

vbimport

I’m looking to get a Liteon DVD Drive as I’m getting really fed up with all the Firmware problems with LG DVD Drives as of late.

I have never owned a Liteon DVD Drive before and I’m wanting to replace my LG GH22NS70 because it will not burn any brand of single layer DVD’s at 4x speed and I really do not know anything about Liteon,I’m not looking to burn BlueRay’s just single layers and DL’s.

Also I have already contacted LG and they have said that there is nothing wrong with this models and they have not gotten any complaint’s about it and told me it must be my burning software and I know it’s not because this olny started happening when I installed these LG GH22NS70 into my PC.

I’m looking for a cheapy 20 dollar drive I can get from Tiger or newegg can you provide links as well,also can you guys comment on how long Liteon DVD Drives last I heard in the past they wore out extremely fast.

I also mainly use Verbatim DVD’s

Hi wade7575.

You can read http://www.myce.com/review/liteon-ihas624-dvd-burner-reviewfull-liteon-ihas624-review-37890/, i have this drive, and so far is burning everything OK.
I also have some LG drives and they burn Verbatim media extremely well, usually LG drives are very picky with mediocre media. Maybe you got a bad batch of verbatim media.

[QUOTE=wade7575;2619579]… I’m wanting to replace my LG GH22NS70 because it will not burn any brand of single layer DVD’s at 4x speed[/QUOTE] Why do you insist on burning at 4x ?
Modern drives are optimized for faster burning, so why not burn at something like e.g. 8x which is usually a safe burning speed with modern drives and media ?

Even if you get a LiteOn drive and even if that drive should allow 4x burning, I can almost guarantee you that 4x burning speed will not produce the best results for single-layer DVD media on that drive, and that 8x-12x will produce better results.

I’m pretty sure it’s not the Media as I have tried 6 different brands of DVD+R’s that I have had laying around and all work fine with my older LG IDE DVD Drive and I know all my disc’s would burn at 4x speed so I’m fairly certain it must be bad Firmware.

[QUOTE=vroom;2619593]Hi wade7575.

You can read http://www.myce.com/review/liteon-ihas624-dvd-burner-reviewfull-liteon-ihas624-review-37890/, i have this drive, and so far is burning everything OK.
I also have some LG drives and they burn Verbatim media extremely well, usually LG drives are very picky with mediocre media. Maybe you got a bad batch of verbatim media.[/QUOTE]

I have had many problems in the past making back up copies of Movies and having them pause all the time if I burned higher then 4x speed what would happen is the first time they would pause then start playing again then pause again maybe 4 minutes later and pause longer as well and the pausing would happen more often and last longer each time until the movie would pause for as long as 5 minutes but as soon as I lowered my burning speed it went away.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2619594]Why do you insist on burning at 4x ?
Modern drives are optimized for faster burning, so why not burn at something like e.g. 8x which is usually a safe burning speed with modern drives and media ?

Even if you get a LiteOn drive and even if that drive should allow 4x burning, I can almost guarantee you that 4x burning speed will not produce the best results for single-layer DVD media on that drive, and that 8x-12x will produce better results.[/QUOTE]

vroom just so you know your link does not work.

What about this DVD Drive.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6500249&CatId=1624

Can anyone post a Link to the Manual for this DVD Drive I would like to find out what the slowest burn speeds this thing will burn at.I have tried looking for the Manual on the Liteon site and can’t find anything.

iHAS524-98

524 and 624 are the same?!?

I only found it for the 624:
http://www.liteonit.eu/eu/DOWNLOADS/ODD/iHAS624/product_spec/DH-24AAS_EN.zip

But they also only mention the max speeds!

Most modern drives dont go slower than 8x and it would be very difficult to find a drive that will burn at 4x.
Later today if i find the time i might put back the 624 and check the slowest speed, but i am sure that it will be 8x.