What's the best internal, atapi, dvd writer to get

vbimport

Hello everybody,

Please which is the best choice for a DVD Burner? It must be internal and compatible with an ATAPI interface. I have a Power Mac G5.

Thanks,
daco

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You don’t say where you’re located. In the UK, you can still find the Pioneer 115(D) in various places.

Other than that, an Optiarc 72xxA drive may be worth looking into.

Hi Arachne,

Thank you for your greetings and for your answer. I’m living in Romania. I found here in on line shops both recommended devices. They have almost the same price.

Daco

Close call…both are good drives, so pick whichever is cheapest :wink:

[QUOTE=daco16;2131746]Hello everybody,

Please which is the best choice for a DVD Burner? It must be internal and compatible with an ATAPI interface. I have a Power Mac G5.[/QUOTE]

If you have a Mac, then I would go with a Pioneer DVR-115D (or DVR-116D if the 115 isn’t available). Macintosh computers have a long and close history with Pioneer DVD drives, so they are the best and easiest choice if looking for a replacement.

Keep in mind that a Mac will work with any DVD drive, so you don’t have to choose a Pioneer, it’s just that Pioneer drives have been installed from the factory with Macs for so long, that there is a huge base of knowledge and a large community of people to answer almost any question you have regarding using a Pioneer drive on a Mac.