Whats the best graphics card the Ati radion 9700 or the Ge4 fx

i know this have nothing to do with burning just need some help on which card to get … gateway or dell?

Originally posted by Burner030
i know this have nothing to do with burning just need some help on which card to get … gateway or dell?

i have a geforce 4 ti 4600 and its great…

the ati has loads a drivers bugs and some are faulty

and the geforce FX isnt released yet…

your best bet would be the gf 4ti 4600 i have had no problems at all with my card…

Originally posted by ViRuS2k
[B]

i have a geforce 4 ti 4600 and its great…

the ati has loads a drivers bugs and some are faulty

and the geforce FX isnt released yet…

your best bet would be the gf 4ti 4600 i have had no problems at all with my card… [/B]

What the heck would you know about driver bugs? The new catalyst 3 drivers are excellent. ATI does not have bad drivers anymore. The Geforce 4 is not even close to being on the level of a Radeon 9700. The 9700 supperts directX 9 whereas I don’t think the GF4 even supports DX8.1 withour emulating it in software.

Right now, the 9700 is the king of video cards. Plus I’d say go w/them cause their support is by far one of the best. I dealt with them in person a few years back @ their headquarters (15 mins away from where I live) and they are some of the nicest/friendliest techies I’ve ever dealt with. Was chatting with the support rep when I went to pick up my swapped card from them, great bunch of folks. :smiley:

Would nVidia ever be caught psoting in a fan forum like you see here:
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33652757
ATI really is a great company.

Originally posted by dhc014
Would nVidia ever be caught psoting in a fan forum like you see here:
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33652757
ATI really is a great company.

This is not the General Hardware forum. You should move this thread to that forum.

Originally posted by vio_man
[B]

This is not the General Hardware forum. You should move this thread to that forum. [/B]

I would if I could…

if money ain’t a consideration, then the radeon 9700pro would be the obvious choice… if your system isn’t above 1.2Ghz though, you won’t see too much diff in the two cause then your cpu becomes a bottleneck and chokes the card basically…

appreciate your help

Originally posted by vio_man
This is not the General Hardware forum. You should move this thread to that forum.

Sorry for the delay, it’s christmas you know :slight_smile:

as the FX isn’t out yet, the answer to the question is AI Radeon 9700. However once the FX comes out then it might be a different story, but you can also probably bet that the ATI & other cards will drop in price and be much more affordable.

That’s all I am waiting for before I get my next card. Ah gotta love how new technology depreciates the value of older technology (the only plus-side to it… although it also sucks because your stuff isn’t worth half what you paid for it anymore lol).