Whats the best free DVD durning software?

vbimport

hello all.
please dont suggest Nero to me as it wont let me install the nero 8 free trial version as i used to have a cracked version of it on my comp. everytime i try and download it, it does it only to tell me at the end something like “i need to uninstall it and download an origionall copy” or something along those lines? however it wont even let me download any other free nero trials as it just says the same thing after trying to install it! so ive given up on nero for now. (untill i can afford to but it)
so i was wondering what other free dvd durning software there is at the mo?
ive tried a few but some wont let me play the dvd on my dvd player for my tv or some just say that i will have a big annoying demo sign on the copy untill i upgrade!
any suggestions guys? cheers.

Hello goodcat, I love the nickname :wink:

Depends what you’re after doing. For burning data, there’s ImgBurn, used by most of us here.

For burning audio from music files, there’s Burrrn.

And if you’re wanting to convert .avi files to DVD etc, there’s DVD Flick.

All free, so give them a try depending on what you want to do :wink:

[B]ImgBurn all the way!![/B]

ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats - including BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI.

It can burn Audio CD’s from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM - including AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA and WV.

You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEO_TS folder), HD DVD Video discs (from a HVDVD_TS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder) with ease.

Whilst ImgBurn is designed to work perfectly straight out of the box, advanced users will appreciate just how configurable it is.

Oh and let’s not forget the best thing about it… it’s 100% FREE :wink:

http://www.imgburn.com/

ImgBurn has replaced Nero for me, at least on the burning side. Take a look through the guides for its use: http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showforum=4

For converting avi or wmv to dvds, Nero was never a great choice. If you want free alternatives for that function, look at DVDFlick (as Arachne pointed out) or FAVC or AVStoDVD.

VLC is a superior media player to Nero Showtime, and VLC is free to download and use.

Everything that is included in Nero Burning Suite can be matched or usually surpassed using free software. They just won’t be under one program.

Free = ImgBurn, Dvd Flick, & VLC Media Player.

cheers for all ur replies guys!
yeah its just for copying avi files ect onto a dvd so i can watch it on my home tv.
looks like its DVD flick! ill give it a go now! thanks guys!
this is a very handy site!! lol

For AVIs you might also give FAVC a go. It uses QUEnc (for speed) or HCEnc (for quality) and can call ImgBurn to burn.

As for your Nero niggles…there is some “clean-up” software available which should help get rid of the remaining bits.

Go to the Nero site http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-cleantools.html

(I still have Nero 7 but if I had known what I know now, I wouldn’t have bothered either. It just causes headaches and better free software is out there.)

ive downloaded dvdflick and had no joy!! :frowning:
it burned to disk but disk wouldnt play on my comp or my dvd player!??
ill give that FAVC a go next.
and cheers for that deanimator. ill have a look in a mo. ive been having trouble deleting nero from my comp for some reason. just wont let me do it??

Hello again goodcat :slight_smile:

Might be your media or burn speed - what’s the brand of disc you used with DVD Flick, and what speed did you burn at?

nero 8 clean tool

[QUOTE=Arachne;2109501]Hello again goodcat :slight_smile:

Might be your media or burn speed - what’s the brand of disc you used with DVD Flick, and what speed did you burn at?[/QUOTE]

hello again m8. the brand of disk was TDK DVD+R (1-16x 4.7gb DATA/VIDEO)
and i think if i rememeber correctly it was burning at about 38fps?
i didnt give me an option for burn speed? it just did it.

i also tried that FAVC and i downloaded all the things it told me too yet there no trace of any of it on my comp?? no desktop icon appeared or anything under “all programs”?
i have no idean y im having such trouble in trying to burn a poxy DVD!!??
did it fine with nero b4 the free trial ran out.

FAVC is a stand alone program…it won’t install into the list of Programs in Windows. Find the FAVC folder you downloaded, unpack it (extract it from the compressed format). Then look in the FAVC 1.07 folder and hit the FAVC.exe file to start the program.

If you want a shortcut on the desktop, just right click on the FAVC.exe icon, make a shortcut, then drag it to the desktop.

You can set up FAVC to burn automatically with ImgBurn.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2110395]FAVC is a stand alone program…it won’t install into the list of Programs in Windows. Find the FAVC folder you downloaded, unpack it (extract it from the compressed format). Then look in the FAVC 1.07 folder and hit the FAVC.exe file to start the program.

If you want a shortcut on the desktop, just right click on the FAVC.exe icon, make a shortcut, then drag it to the desktop.

You can set up FAVC to burn automatically with ImgBurn.[/QUOTE]

ive just installed imgburn.
now ive just extracted the avi/movie i want to burn using that FAVC thingy. now what??
how do i “find the FAVC folder” like u said.
or do u i just go into imgburn and select the avi/movie and just “build”??

or how do i setup FAVC to run automatically with imgburn like u suggested?
thanks again mate.

heres a guide

edit// i didnt see you had already posted the clean tool deanimator. :slight_smile: