Whats the best firmware for PlexWriter 40/12/40A?

vbimport

Hi guys just wanted to know from your experiance whats the best firmware to upgrade to for PlexWriter 40/12/40A and from which site(US/EUR)?

Also which is the best version of CloneCD to use?

Cheers
Ace

i have vers 1,02 firmaware on my plextor and its working better

than ever i used europe firmware

i also use the newest clone cd and no problems with anything yet:)

adyo,

Thank you for your reply, can you tell me how long you have been using v1.02 and which SD2 CD’s you hae backedup sucessfully.

Have you tried copying SD2 with CloneCD v4.0.13?

Thanks
Ace

I need a really quick reply to this please!!!

I updated my firmware to v1.02 but my drive which is PlexWriter 40/12/40A is now showing as PX-W4012A

Is this correct???

Can someone please reply asap as I want to know if I have used the wrong firmware!!!

Cheers
Ace

I think it’s correct, Plextors flash utility would probably not flash the wrong drive…

hi Ace007,
i’m using Plextor PlexWriter 40/12/40A ,the product code is
PX-W4012A .
so you don’t have to worry about this;)

Thank you so much guys!!!

I feel much better now!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers
Ace

Everything sounds fine to me Ace. That is the right display for you plextor writer. I also just updated to Clone 4013 and the new firmware 102 but I have not run any tests on it yet. From what I have heard, it should really improve the drive. Cant wait to use it. :smiley:

Just had another look at the box and there is a sticker which refers to the drive as PX-W4012A

Why have 2 Model numbers for the SAME model?
Printed as PlexWriter 40/12/40A on the front of the drive itself, but firmware states it’s a PX-W4012A

Seems daft to me, not to mention almost gave me a heart attack!

Thanks anyway guys! Glad we cleared that one up!

Cheers
Ace

Well, I was waiting for more results from other Plextor users out before I upgraded to firmware 1.02, but I decided to take the plunge.

I have only burned 3 cds so far with this firmware and the first thing I noticed was that at 40x burning speeds, it is more quiet.

I had only been burning the past week on 40x with firmware 1.01
and noticed how noisy it was. After upgrading to firmware 1.02,
it is better. There was also no problem with my CDs working.

I havent’ tried making backups of my originals with this firmware yet, I will post the results as soon as I have them.

derk