Whats the best dvd ripping software

hi. i have been using dvd shrink to back up my dvds witch is exalent but i have now come across a dvd that i got from america
witch has copy protect (never had this problem before)
anyway it wont let me copy it so WHATS THE BEST SOFTWARE OUT THERE TO RIP THE DVD AND TO TAKE THE REGION CODE OUT ASWELL

Okay now i’m no expert in these things but you can rip the DVD to your hardrive using DVD Decrypter. I think this gives some boxes you can tick to remove various types of encryption.

From this I think you can then use DVD Shrink.

Hope this is of some help.

Exactly as StuntMonkey said, in fact many people myself included prefer to use DVD Decrypter every time they use DVD Shrink anyway because of it’s many all round capabilities in the ripping department.

I do believe there is also a new version due anytime now too. Yipeeeee! :cool: www.dvddecrypter.com/

Cheeers for the reply’s. I have tried dvd decrypter its good, but came across ANY DVD and CLONE DVD they seem to work well. and any dvd works with dvd shrink. OH has anyone heard of prassi primo dvd, not used it fully yet but it seems like a good all round bit of duplication software

The combination of AnyDVD and CloneDVD is ideal if you are looking for userfriendlyness. Why? It’s a easy, fast, complete and sweet looking combination. Nevertheless, better or more specific results can be achieved using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. For beginners, this ain’t a nice start, but if you are into DVD burning/transcoding a little longer, you may want to check out DVD Decrypter.

SmartRipper is quite a good DVD ripper as well, , but it hasn’t got the good interface DVD Decrypter has. Furthermore, it lacks some functionality that DVD decrypter has (great ISO handling and such) so I’d stick with DVD Decrypter for now…

Your responding to a 5 year old post. Please check the posted date so we don’t have to respond to outdated posting…!!

Plus you have to buy the movie too coolcolors. Why buy twice?

Guys, it is just spam.

:iagree: issue solved :flower:

I figured as much when I read it sounded like spam.

2003 post…

musta missed that one…