What's the best burner to buy at this moment?

vbimport

Hi to you all,

I’am going to buy a new burner and now i want to now what’s the best burner to buy?? (quality\price :slight_smile: ) And ofcourse one that you can use withclonecd!!!

Thankx

den

Take a look at the CloneCD Compatibility list. The best burner to buy is one the read and write DAO-RAW96 and that supports Correct EFM Endoding and BURN/proof or DirectLink.

I’m not sure if you can find one that supports all features, but if you can’t find it, find one that supports the writing of DAO-RAW96 and use a different unit to read DAO-RAW96.

A good combo would be the TOSHIBA DVD SDM-1502 (Atapi) for reading and the ACER CRW-1610A (Atapi) or CRW-1210A (Atapi) for writing. You can copy everything with this.

I buy anything thats Plextor (IMO)

I’ve got the Plextor 12/10/32A. Its Fully Clone compatible and cost me £170 at Xmas but think you can pick one up for about £150 now that the 16 speed is on sale. Good Luck

Originally posted by Blobbyrob
I’ve got the Plextor 12/10/32A. Its Fully Clone compatible and cost me £170 at Xmas but think you can pick one up for about £150 now that the 16 speed is on sale. Good Luck

This drive does not support SafeDisc 2 (I have the same drive :() The 16x doesn’t even support the reading of SubChannel Data I believe. This is not a recommended drive. Plex has dropped a few points for me…

Plextor still rulez…

plextor rulez!! Don’t buy anything else then plextor!! The quality is very very very goood!!! :wink:

hi

So, the CD-ReWriter - PleXWriter 16/10/40A is a good choice!!??

Gr. dennis

Originally posted by denden
[B]hi

So, the CD-ReWriter - PleXWriter 16/10/40A is a good choice!!??

Gr. dennis [/B]

NO It doesn’t support SubChannel Data reading, nor does it support SafeDisc 2. I would recommend the ACER 1610A (http://www.elby.de/CloneCD/english/cdr_a.htm). This one supports SafeDisc 2 and it’s very fast. You only need a different reader for the Subs and for this use the (like I recommended before) TOSHIBA DVD SDM-1502.

People who are still shouting Plextor rules, etc should check the facts. I have a Plextor myself but it’s not the best anymore. And that’s final! :slight_smile:

But you are a free man to choose whatever you like :slight_smile:

I like the plextor…I have the 16/10/40 ide…No problems with it.I had the yamaha 2100ez 16/10/40 I would get too many coasters…I also have the hp9500 but still get coasters once in a while…My friends acer 8x just crapped out on him but i dont know how the new 12x is…

Just like to add that for the folks who just don’t have enough money for a plextor, buy TEAC. It’s the next best thing out there :slight_smile:

if scsi, plextor 12/10 or yamaha 16/10
for IDE i suggest TEAC 12/10 or 16/10

i’d like to agree with sies here, go for a Teac !!!
These drives are dirt cheap. I saw one today for £115 !!!Absolutly Fully compatible with Clone CD (apart from SD2). Excellent build quality, and an excellent overall piece of equipment !!!

Plextor is cool but it can’t copy safedisk 2 (well, it can, but you can only read them with the writer itself…)
If you want to copy safedisk 2, go for the Acer and use another CD er DVD Rom player to read subchannel data.

Indeed, plextor is not so good anymore, I had a Plex 12/10/32A and had quite a lot coasters.
Nowadays i have an LG 8x Writer and it cost nothing compare to a plex: only 4000bef here in Belgium (about 200,-FL), even if it doesn’t support SD2 it’s a real bargain!