Whats next with CloneDVD?

I wonder when the next version will be available and what new/improved features it will have?
Could someone of the elby-team be so kind to give us a little tease? :bigsmile:

Jarod

Read these posts

Nice sense of humor, but not really an answer.
Thx anyway.

Jarod

While I don’t know when the next release will be, my guess is that it will include:

1. the facility to set the compression for each title
  2. indication of the effect on the compression ratio of deleting audio tracks
  3. joining titles (although from Olli’s recent comments, perhaps not in the very next release)
  4. tightening up of some of the IFO rebuilding algorithms
  5. selectable deletion of the layer-break bit
  6. something to allow you to strike a balance between [potentially more] quality and speed

-Pete

Originally posted by Jarod666
[B]Nice sense of humor, but not really an answer.
Thx anyway.

Jarod [/B]
Those posts contain hints on planned developments.

I hope this new release happens soon. It’d be a nice Christmas
gift. I can then stop using Shrink to “just see” the true levels of compression and or how much removing various audio streams improves compression factor. It’d be nice to be able to split a DVD with Clone as well… In my opinion these features would make this product a “complete” package. split and keep menus I might add…a true complete package.

I would like to have the software come closer to the 4.36/7 GB max size. Most of the final results I’m getting are somewhere in the 4.34 range.

You would not be able to detect any difference in quality between files totalling 4.34Gb and files totalling 4.37Gb.

Moreover, with all but the finest media, you have a better chance of producing a reliable DVD with the smaller size (the data is kept away from the very outside edge, which is the dodgiest area).

-Pete

Hi Peter,

you are absolutely right…

I remember that someone asked Olly for an option to deliberately leave some blank space to avoid that area…

Originally posted by Peter McCall

Moreover, with all but the finest media, you have a better chance of producing a reliable DVD with the smaller size (the data is kept away from the very outside edge, which is the dodgiest area).

Thanks.
I’ll accept that.