Whats Inside - AD 7561S

vbimport

Anybody knows whats inside a Optiarc AD 7561S?
Drive has FW AH03 installed, and is not really usable as it is. Hope i can crossflash it to anything else (maybe LiteOn?)

As far as I know, the 7561S is a rebadged drive from QSI. No idea which of them or if crossflashing is possible somehow.

I think the only solution you have is buying a “true” dvd drive… I got a 7560A and a 7530A, the second was out of order after 2 months only reading dvds, the first seems to be better but is a real piece of crap when burning.

Hi all.
I have this Optiarc DVD RW drive on my new (september '08) laptop HP Pavilion dv5 1013EL.
It burns an half of CD or DVD fine, but it can’t finish a burning operation of a full disk.
I’ll send it to HP customer assistance, but if this drive it’s so bad I will have again other problem in future.
I want to have a useful and efficient Optical drive (as all the other hardwares of this good laptop).

What I have to do? have you some advice? Can I find an optical drive good for this laptop???

Thank you very much and Happy New Year! :slight_smile:

THX, i believed this could be a LiteOn Clone, ´cause the drive is able to scan proper.

So i´ll replace it with a Pioneer TD08 slimline drive.

[QUOTE=escalator;2186591]THX, i believed this could be a LiteOn Clone, ´cause the drive is able to scan proper.

So i´ll replace it with a Pioneer TD08 slimline drive.[/QUOTE]
Does it fits with my Hp pavilion dv5 1013 EL chasis???

First of all, in new year I’ll send it to HP cause I’m still in warranty.

Thanks again and have an Happy New Year!!!:slight_smile:

in 2 other Notebooks i replaced already the DVD-Writer. there I was able to X-Change the front cover from the original drive to the replacement drive.

Hope this will work again in my HP Notebook. I also have still warrently, but I think the drive would´nt be better after replacing with the same…

[QUOTE=escalator;2186614]
but I think the drive would´nt be better after replacing with the same…[/QUOTE]
obviously! but at moment I’m not able to do this change, and I’m worry this operation could invalidate the warrany.

May be HP have not a same drive for replacemente :bigsmile:

thank you again and happy new year!

[QUOTE=escalator;2186614]in 2 other Notebooks i replaced already the DVD-Writer. there I was able to X-Change the front cover from the original drive to the replacement drive.

Hope this will work again in my HP Notebook. I also have still warrently, but I think the drive would´nt be better after replacing with the same…[/QUOTE]

Hi friends.

I contacted the HP coustmer service,
after many tests (stupid and useless) they said me that can take the notebook but if after their test the writer works good with rw cds and dvds (the biggest issue firm me is this, some rewritable support don’t works on this crap of writer but on my old LG they works very good), the customer service could send me back the laptopt in the same condition.

So I’can’t waste all this time and the pioner suggested by escalator costs 30€, cheapest to buy and replace it by miself.

HP won cause I don’t wanna loose my time and I have not another pc to replace temporary…

end of my story.
I hope my feedback could be useful for someone in the future.

Bye.

Hi people

I bought a laptop with the same re-writable, 3 month ago and I didn’t use it too much couse today it’s not very necessary couse there is anothers ways like usb to do this kind of things It cannon read or read with much difficulty original xp cd

As I can see this is another optical laptop crap :Z as almost all

My question is: can I send only the optical re-writable to repair it under warranty without the laptol? couse it’s too easy to dismantle it from laptop

Thanks and I’m sorry if it’s difficult to understand couse I’m spanish :confused:

bye

[QUOTE=ssptk;2229642]Hi people

I bought a laptop with the same re-writable, 3 month ago and I didn’t use it too much couse today it’s not very necessary couse there is anothers ways like usb to do this kind of things It cannon read or read with much difficulty original xp cd

As I can see this is another optical laptop crap :Z as almost all

[B]My question is: can I send only the optical re-writable to repair it under warranty without the laptol? couse it’s too easy to dismantle it from laptop
[/B]
Thanks and I’m sorry if it’s difficult to understand couse I’m spanish :confused:

bye[/QUOTE]Welcome to CDF’s:

That would be something you would need to discuss with your laptop manufacturer.

[QUOTE=ssptk;2229642]
My question is: can I send only the optical re-writable to repair it under warranty without the laptol? couse it’s too easy to dismantle it from laptop

bye[/QUOTE]

don’t worry I’m Italian and I had some difficulties too with english :bigsmile:

I have an HP dv5 1013 EL with this crap of hardware.
for desktop pc they could send to you a new hardware but for laptops is not available this service.
And even if it was available, as somebody said, to change a crap optical drive with the same crap hardware…it’s not a solution.

HP said to me to send the entire laptop to assistance.
But there were not sure to substitute or repair it, so i decided it was not convenient for me.

(and to persuade the HP customer care to take it in assistance I hade to stay 3 hours at phone to format, reinstall, try and try and try…I think their strategy is to tire the customer :a ).
[B]
So, it is not possible (for HP Italy) to send only the drive to assistance or to have at home a new device to substitute.[/B]

Somebody suggested to buy a new hardware by yourself (a pioneer If I’m right) and change it.

let us know what will you do. keep in touch!