What's for lunch today?

vbimport

I was just making myself an egg sandwich and I was wondering what the rest here gets for lunch? I know someone here, a German techie, sometimes eats a Currywurst XXL in the canteen of his company, but I guess we aren’t all that lucky?

We probably already have a thread, but why not start a new one after all these years? :wink:

Yes, we know all about that currywurst XXL :bigsmile:

Anything with that egg? Maybe a nice slice of cold meat?

Ham sandwich for my lunch later, but being a late riser I haven’t even had breakfast yet (had me coffe though!). :slight_smile:

Never had a Currywurst XXL .
Not much of a curry fan .

For lunch probably a couple of microwaved chimichangas topped with salsa & fresh ground black pepper. Sometimes I also top with gratted cheese but I think I will skip that today.

[QUOTE=cholla;2698282]Never had a Currywurst XXL .
Not much of a curry fan .

For lunch probably a couple of microwaved chimichangas topped with salsa & fresh ground black pepper. Sometimes I also top with gratted cheese but I think I will skip that today.[/QUOTE]
:sad:
your killin me man :clap:

3 sandwiches with a cheap ass Duo Penotti spinoff containing only the white chocolate. Yes, i’m poor as hell. :slight_smile:

If I’m lucky, McDonald’s. If I’m not lucky some crackers, and maybe, depending on how much time I have to scarf that sh** down either some peanut butter or cheese.

Grandmas soup. Just the way she used to make except she did not use a microwave to cook the meat balls.

Tomato juice
potatoes cut up
onion cut up
and meat balls

Cook if every week or two no one eats it but me. Simple and why do I need veg. in soup. Was sure good when it was cold and I was a kid and that was a long long long time ago.

Just a sandwich today as usual.

Chicken in South West sauce with smoked bacon on wholemeal bread, YUM YUM!! :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2698580]Just a sandwich today as usual.

Chicken in South West sauce with smoked bacon on wholemeal bread, YUM YUM!! :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

What kind of sauce do they have in South West Ireland ? :wink: :bigsmile:

Baked Salmon Penne in a White Wine Alfredo sauce, Topped with Cherry Tomatoes,Chives,Cracked Red Pepper and Parmesan Cheese.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2698559]If I’m lucky, McDonald’s. If I’m not lucky some crackers, and maybe, depending on how much time I have to scarf that sh** down either some peanut butter or cheese.

[/QUOTE]

I hope you dont go for McNuggets after hours :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=cholla;2698618]What kind of sauce do they have in South West Ireland ? :wink: :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

LOL, TBH I’d never heard of it until recently. :slight_smile:

Presumably it’s an American thing, would that be right?

Anyway, today it’s a plain chicken and smoked bacon sandwich with mayo and granary bread.

Following by a packet of pickled onion flavour Mega Meanies courtesy of the vending machine operator! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2698708]
Presumably it’s an American thing, would that be right? [/QUOTE]

LOL myself.

I’m sure it is supposed to be some kind of sauce from the US South West .
That would usually be considered Texas ,New Mexico , Arizona & S. California . Some put in some of the states north of those 4.

What’s funny is it could be barbeque sauce , various salsas , or even a flavored “red pepper” sauce like Tabasco. Maybe a chilli blend sauce could be included too .

That sandwhich sounds good! I had one with this: http://www.appiehein.com/382-815-large/slankie-naturel.jpg

That’s somekind of cheesespread that shouldn’t make you fat. Chicken with bacon sounds much better :wink:

Meat loaf and mashed potatoes.

Today i had a Cheeseburger XXL from Burger King. That was awesome.

[QUOTE=cholla;2698728]LOL myself.

I’m sure it is supposed to be some kind of sauce from the US South West .
That would usually be considered Texas ,New Mexico , Arizona & S. California . Some put in some of the states north of those 4.

What’s funny is it could be barbeque sauce , various salsas , or even a flavored “red pepper” sauce like Tabasco. Maybe a chilli blend sauce could be included too .[/QUOTE]

It’s like a creamy pinkish orangey coloured sauce (a bit like Thousand Island) and it’s hot, spicy, and tangy.

Out of curiosity I’ve just bunged it into Google and this looks like it.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I’ve never tried any but it looks like it’s available a Walmart.
I haven’t checked the local Walmart .
This is the ingredient list:
Soybean Oil, Tomato Concentrate (Water, And Tomato Paste), Egg Yolks, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Honey, Lemon Juice, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Onion Salt, Paprika, Spices, Black Pepper, Red Pepper, Natural Flavors, Sodium Benzoate And Potassium Sorbate (As Preservatives), And Calcium Disodium EDTA Added To Protect Flavor. Contains: Eggs.

Sounds like mayo with tomato paste & spices.
Onion( might be onion powder),Paprika, Black Pepper, Red Pepper.
It should have some cumin or comino that is probably in the generic “spices” in it.

If you like it that’s what counts.

AFAIK Kraft no longer makes wasabi mayo . I liked it . These kind of sauces come & go. Hopefully this one will stay around a while.
The wasabi mayo was real good on a roast beef sandwich.

High Fructose Corn Syrup
I so hate this stuff. It’s ultra cheap to produce, reduces the “i’m full, i can’t eat anymore so i quit eating” hormone and it’s in almost every processed food product.

[QUOTE=cholla;2698773]I’ve never tried any but it looks like it’s available a Walmart.
I haven’t checked the local Walmart .
This is the ingredient list:
Soybean Oil, Tomato Concentrate (Water, And Tomato Paste), Egg Yolks, Distilled Vinegar, Water, Honey, Lemon Juice, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn Syrup, Onion Salt, Paprika, Spices, Black Pepper, Red Pepper, Natural Flavors, Sodium Benzoate And Potassium Sorbate (As Preservatives), And Calcium Disodium EDTA Added To Protect Flavor. Contains: Eggs.

Sounds like mayo with tomato paste & spices.
Onion( might be onion powder),Paprika, Black Pepper, Red Pepper.
It should have some cumin or comino that is probably in the generic “spices” in it.

If you like it that’s what counts.

AFAIK Kraft no longer makes wasabi mayo . I liked it . These kind of sauces come & go. Hopefully this one will stay around a while.
The wasabi mayo was real good on a roast beef sandwich.[/QUOTE]

TBH it mightn’t be exactly the same thing but it looks like it though.

I just buy the sandwiches so I’ve never seen where it comes from but presumably it’s made from scratch for these.

[B]Wombler[/B]