What's for Breakfast or How do you like your eggs

vbimport

What is your favorite breakfast, mine is Biscuits and gravy.It we stop for breakfast in a restaurant I’ll order biscuits and gravy,if at home the wife makes me a couple eggs cooked on both sides and toast.( apple butter if available)
what’s your favorite morning meal.

A classic in Italy: cornetto e cappuccino :bigsmile:

Biscuits and gravy…drool - I SO wish I could get that here!

Me, I love a full English breakfast - bacon, egg, sausage, fried bread, mushrooms and baked beans. Otherwise known as a heart attack on a plate :bigsmile:

If I’m feeling in need of something a little healthier - poached eggs, grilled bacon and toast.

Most days I just have a bowl of cereal though. The Full English happens very, very rarely!

EDIT: Apple butter sounds interesting!

Two slices of toast and a cup of black tea is my usual and I have a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice as well at the weekend. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Bacon and eggs (cooked any style) ,grits and gravy or biscuits and gravy. However it is usually a bowl of cereal or peanut butter on toast.

I seldom have my favorite as it is the Palace Station Buffet in Las Vegas .
The basics on it are steak or porkchops(they seem to alternate these) , fried eggs over medium , Mandrian oranges (instead of orange juice) , & they have a great little chocolate pastry that looks like a caboose. Since it’s a all you can eat buffett anything else that looks good.
For a more normal weekend breakfast: Coffee ,toast or bisquits . 2 eggs fried medium ,
patty sausage topped with Tabasco sauce , hash brown potatoes topped with gravy & some on the bisquits too . End with some jelly on toast & coffee.

[QUOTE=cholla;2636315]I seldom have my favorite as it is the Palace Station Buffet in Las Vegas .
The basics on it are steak or porkchops(they seem to alternate these) , fried eggs over medium , Mandrian oranges (instead of orange juice) , & they have a great little chocolate pastry that looks like a caboose. Since it’s a all you can eat buffett anything else that looks good.
For a more normal weekend breakfast: Coffee ,toast or bisquits . 2 eggs fried medium ,
patty sausage topped with Tabasco sauce , hash brown potatoes topped with gravy & some on the bisquits too . End with some jelly on toast & coffee.[/QUOTE]

“Bisquits” - that reminds me of the Fox’s Biscuits commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP0mXUCqOCc

Just a bit of gentle ribbing :flower:, I love that ad :bigsmile:

I’ve seen the word bisquits or biscuits spelled both ways in cookbooks I just like the q version. :slight_smile:

I liked the Fox’s Biscuits commercial .

I know you Brits call what Americans call cookies biscuits .
What do you call what Americans call biscuits ?

The closest we have to your biscuits is like a plain scone. But we don’t get the real thing (fluffier US-style biscuits) here :sad:

Maybe I’ll ask for donations LOL! But they might go off before they got here :doh:

It all depends on who is cooking on what kind of flour is used we just use a bisquick mix.see attackment
http://www.erench.com/RECIPES/FAVORITE/BREAK/BISCUIT/index.htm

I guess you will just have to learn to make them from a recipe .
I can tell you from personal experence it will take several tries before they are good .
At least it did me.
I usually just buy the refrigerated type . Pilsbury are the best.
Both the Grands & regular size. I like the “flaky” ones but this is misleading as they actually have several thin layers . I think this has to be machine done . I don’t know how you would do it at home.

EDIT : I was typing when marloyd was posting . For a beginner Bisquick is a good product .
It actually makes pretty good biscuits.

Bisquick - I’ll have to see if I can find it or something similar - thanks guys! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2636331]The closest we have to your biscuits is like a plain scone. But we don’t get the real thing (fluffier US-style biscuits) here :sad:

Maybe I’ll ask for donations LOL! But they might go off before they got here :doh:[/QUOTE]

Yeah they’re like scones and as you know ‘gravy’ isn’t the same thing over here either. :slight_smile:

The first time I was in the US I read ‘biscuits smothered in gravy’ on the Denny’s menu and went “What!!!” :eek::bigsmile:

For the benefit of those in the US that aren’t quite sure why that was such a shock to me, that means ‘cookies smothered in a roast meat style gravy’ over here. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2636362] as you know ‘gravy’ isn’t the same thing over here either. :slight_smile:

that means ‘cookies smothered in a roast meat style gravy’ over here. [/QUOTE]

I want chocolate cookies with that . :bigsmile: :wink:

Here if your lucky it is a sausage milk gravy & Southern bisquits like in the picture in marloyd’s #1 post.

We do use the roast meat style gravy with some foods also.

Usually i have no breakfast at all, because i don’t want to spend time for it. But sometimes i bake some croissants or a freaking huge omelet with all kinds of spices and herbs in it.

I usually don’t cook but I do make a good omelet I use peppers,mushrooms,onions,and sheaded cheese two or three different kinds.first I cook the veggies in a pan than mix a little milk and two eggs and salt and pepper. in a dish and beat it up and but in another pan w/ lid when done add the veggies and cheese and flip over

Mmm, my mum makes a great omelette - shame I don’t live at home anymore! :sad:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2636429]Mmm, my mum makes a great omelette - shame I don’t live at home anymore! :sad:[/QUOTE]

I think an omelette would be a bit heavy for me for breakfast as I like something light.

Having said that if someone offered me a fry up I think I’d find it hard to turn that down. :p:bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

I’m not much on omelette fan but my brother really likes them .
He likes the hot spicey Western type .

I thought this might be interesting a comparison of a couple of [B]simple[/B] scone & biscuit recipes . There are literally thousands of variations on the internet .
They are not very different . I think scones would work fine with milk gravy for breakfast .

Best Scone Recipes - Plain Scones
Ingredients

1.5oz / 40g slightly salted butter
8oz / 225g self-raising flour
1oz / 25g caster sugar
large pinch of salt
5fl oz / 150ml milk

Method

•Mix the flour and salt together and rub in the butter.

•Mix in the sugar, then the milk until the dough is soft.

•Turn on to a floured board and knead very lightly.

•Make a round roughly ¾ in / 2cm thick.

•Using a scone cutter (about 2in / 5 cm) cut into rounds and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.

•Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and continue cutting more scones to use up all the dough.

•Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk.

•Bake for 12-15 minutes in pre-heated oven (220C/425F) until well risen and golden.

Biscuits
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons butter, cubed
3/4 cup milk

Directions

In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Cut butter into mixture until it begins to look like cornmeal.

Make a well with flour mixture and slowly add milk into the middle. Knead dough with your fingers and add milk when necessary. Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out to desired thickness. Cut with small biscuit cutter.

Butter bottom of skillet and place biscuits in pan. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.

[B]COFFEE!!![/B]

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
:eek::eek::eek::eek:
:eek::eek::eek:
:eek::eek:
:eek: