What's Does Nero 6 Reloaded Mean?

Hi everyone

I’ve just bought nero 6 but I’ve also noticed that there are other nero 6 but called reloaded.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is please and if I need to also purchase nero 6 reloaded?

Thank you.

:confused:

Nero Reloaded is the 6.6 version of Nero and the newest of the Nero 6 series (there’s also Nero 7, 8 and 9).

Nero has used different terms depending on where it is marketed. For example, in the European market, the full program suite is called Premium. In the North American market, it’s called Ultra.

Limited versions, often bundled with some drives, are called OEM or Essentials and these versions can be further delineated by “suite numbers”. Some of these products are tied to the specific drive and cannot be used on another system. It’s all rather confusing.

I have no idea with what was included with your purchased program but Nero is a Suite which includes individual programs (e.g. Nero Recode, Nero Vision, Nero Showtime, etc.). Some of these programs are full-featured and others are limited depending on what you purchased.

If you purchased a full version, you probably have more than enough to meet your needs. If your version is a limited one, it may still meet your needs. It depends what you want to do.

It would help to have a list of what was included in your purchase (e.g. Start/ Programs/Nero).

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2165245]Nero Reloaded is the 6.6 version of Nero and the newest of the Nero 6 series (there’s also Nero 7, 8 and 9).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that DrageMester - I might see if I can get a reasonable priced version 7 just to keep me a bit more updated! as I’ve read on cdfreaks that nero 8 isn’t very good.

Thanks again.

[quote=beachbabe;2165297]Thanks for that DrageMester - I might see if I can get a reasonable priced version 7 just to keep me a bit more updated! as I’ve read on cdfreaks that nero 8 isn’t very good.

Thanks again.[/quote]
I hope you are able to find Nero 7 as they no longer sell it on the nero webpage. They only have Nero 9 on the webpage for sale but you might be able to find nero 8 at a local store if you looked hard enough.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2165246]Nero has used different terms depending on where it is marketed. For example, in the European market, the full program suite is called Premium. In the North American market, it’s called Ultra.

Limited versions, often bundled with some drives, are called OEM or Essentials and these versions can be further delineated by “suite numbers”. Some of these products are tied to the specific drive and cannot be used on another system. It’s all rather confusing.

I have no idea with what was included with your purchased program but Nero is a Suite which includes individual programs (e.g. Nero Recode, Nero Vision, Nero Showtime, etc.). Some of these programs are full-featured and others are limited depending on what you purchased.

If you purchased a full version, you probably have more than enough to meet your needs. If your version is a limited one, it may still meet your needs. It depends what you want to do.

It would help to have a list of what was included in your purchase (e.g. Start/ Programs/Nero).[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jeff53404 and your right it is all very confusing especially when you don’t really know what you are on about!

The one I’ve bought is actually called Nero 6 and Nero Powerpack and all that I really want it to do is to copy and convert films etc. and to record audio cds and of course to watch movies etc. even though I know that I have windows for that so I can use that also.

I just wondered if there was anything ‘extra’ on the reloaded one that adds on to what I’ve already got. I wish that they would call them all the same thing as it would save alot of the confusion, well for me anyway! :iagree:

Many thanks for your advice.

[QUOTE=GJ;2165304]I hope you are able to find Nero 7 as they no longer sell it on the nero webpage. They only have Nero 9 on the webpage for sale but you might be able to find nero 8 at a local store if you looked hard enough.[/QUOTE]

Oh I didn’t know that you couldn’t get Nero 7 now, I have seen some on ebay though that is unless they aren’t the proper one’s!

I have read that Nero 8 isn’t very good and that is why they’ve bought out Nero 9 so quickly, is that true?

[quote=beachbabe;2165306]Oh I didn’t know that you couldn’t get Nero 7 now, I have seen some on ebay though that is unless they aren’t the proper one’s!

I have read that Nero 8 isn’t very good and that is why they’ve bought out Nero 9 so quickly, is that true?[/quote]
Nero brings out a new nero every year so no that not true. Also some people like Nero 8 but for me Nero 7 is good. Nero 7 essentials is still around as I bought a new dvd drive and it came with the drive. Just be careful if you buy off ebay as nero can only be installed on 1 computer and I not trust ebay. I guess you not have essentials in england.

[QUOTE=GJ;2165307]Nero brings out a new nero every year so no that not true. Also some people like Nero 8 but for me Nero 7 is good. Nero 7 essentials is still around as I bought a new dvd drive and it came with the drive. Just be careful if you buy off ebay as nero can only be installed on 1 computer and I not trust ebay. I guess you not have essentials in england.[/QUOTE]

What’s essentials please?

Is that good enough for me - all I basically want it for is to convert films etc. and to record audio cds?

it is the basic nero programs that you need which is kind of like your nero 6 that you bought but mine is nero 7 and the Canadian/ USA version. You can install what you have and test it to see if it what you need. If it not what you need nero gives you a discount online for updating to the latest nero version.

Thanks GJ I’ll have to wait until I get home to check that to see if it’s what I need then.

Thanks alot for the advice I really appreciate it.

[quote=DrageMester;2165245]Nero Reloaded is the 6.6 version of Nero and the newest of the Nero 6 series[/quote]Nero Reloaded is the full Retail version of Nero 6.6 as sold in europe (at least in germany).
The equivalent in North America is Nero (6.6) Ultra, which is lacking Labelflash support btw.

[quote=GJ;2165312] If it not what you need nero gives you a discount online for updating to the latest nero version.[/quote]Even with that discount, the prices of Nero’s online shop are much higher than on Amazon or Brick-n-Mortar shops. :wink:

Thanks Mciahel I must admit I always look at places like Amazon before I buy from the actual website.

I’m just looking at my Nero 6 and Nero Powerpack box and it’s got:-

Nero startsmart
Nero burning rom 6
Nero express 6
Nero vision express 2
Nero recode 2
Nero showtime
Nero back it up
Nero medial player
InCD4
nero soundtrax
Nero wave editor 2
Nero cover designer
Nero toolkit
Nero image drive

Now I’ve got to be honest I’ve no idea what half of those do as I only use the burning / convert thing which I think it smartstart and sometimes the one to watch movies.

I don’t even know if I’m using the correct ones for the correct job but touch wood it seems to work - you can tell I’m easily pleased!!!

So going on what everyone’s said then I don’t think that there is any need for me to buy the reloaded version also or nero 6???

Am I right in thinking that.

Many thanks everyone for your help and advice I really appreciate it.
It’s great to be able to come to a forum and ask people’s advice who actually know what they are on about and who are not doing it just to make a sale.

Thanks again.

[quote=beachbabe;2165502]
Now I’ve got to be honest I’ve no idea what half of those do as I only use the burning / convert thing which I think it smartstart and sometimes the one to watch movies.

I don’t even know if I’m using the correct ones for the correct job but touch wood it seems to work - you can tell I’m easily pleased!!![/quote]I strongly recommend to read the documentation. It should be on the disc, if you can’t find it, it is still available on Nero.com website.

So going on what everyone’s said then I don’t think that there is any need for me to buy the reloaded version also or nero 6???
Just use what you have at the moment. You might install the latest free updates for that Nero version you have, and then you’re set.

Michael

JMO: I have Nero 7 installed on my other PC and Nero 8 on this one. I much prefer Nero 8, Nero 7 is way too buggy for my liking.

I have Nero 9, but I haven’t installed it yet. :slight_smile:

In any case, I would agree with Michael about using the Nero 6 that you have. Nero 6 is said to be the best of the bunch by many. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2165518]I strongly recommend to read the documentation. It should be on the disc, if you can’t find it, it is still available on Nero.com website.
Just use what you have at the moment. You might install the latest free updates for that Nero version you have, and then you’re set.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Good idea Michael :slight_smile:

You never know by reading the book I might even learn how to use it properly and not have to keep asking everyone all the time!!!

If it’s only an update that’s on the reloaded version then as you say I might as well just use what I’ve got as ’ touch wood ’ I’m ok with that at the moment and it suits a purpose. If I find that I want to do anything else then I’ll look a bit deeper into it.

So no three guesses as to what my bed time reading will be tonight!

Thanks again Michael.

:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2165526]JMO: I have Nero 7 installed on my other PC and Nero 8 on this one. I much prefer Nero 8, Nero 7 is way too buggy for my liking.

I have Nero 9, but I haven’t installed it yet. :slight_smile:

In any case, I would agree with Michael about using the Nero 6 that you have. Nero 6 is said to be the best of the bunch by many. :)[/QUOTE]

Now you’re just being greedy by having all the versions :smiley:

You’re one of only a few people who told me that they prefer nero 8. I’m just glad that you said that nero 6 is the best of the bunch - it’s good to know that I’ve done something right for once.

Once I’ve read the book and used it a bit more I’ll probably like it as much as the ’ put together, not so honest, any version and any how ’ nero that I used to use before, before my computer blew up.

Thanks very much Arachne.

:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=beachbabe;2165588]Now you’re just being greedy by having all the versions :smiley:

You’re one of only a few people who told me that they prefer nero 8. I’m just glad that you said that nero 6 is the best of the bunch - it’s good to know that I’ve done something right for once.

Once I’ve read the book and used it a bit more I’ll probably like it as much as the ’ put together, not so honest, any version and any how ’ nero that I used to use before, before my computer blew up.

Thanks very much Arachne.

:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Hehe, you’re welcome :smiley:

Yeah, I seem to be in the minority liking Nero 8 :eek:…and I’m sure you’ll do fine with the version you have :iagree:

Thanks for the visitor message BTW :flower:…I couldn’t send one back as I received an error message when I tried :eek:

No problem you’re very welcome.

Thanks again for all your help and advice.

:bow: :flower: