What's a good CDRW these days?

looking for something reasonably priced
what’s a good CDRW?
thanks !
:slight_smile:

deals involving rebadged lite-on drives are probably the most reasonably priced, which can drop the price of the drive to as low as $10 after rebates in many stores and can get u an LTR-52246S (52x24x52) or an LTR-52327S (52x32x52), both of which are excellent drives.

Welcome aboard!

Indeed, if you want a good drive for little money, LiteOn (or a rebadged version of the drive) is the way to go.

If you are willing to spend a little more, you might want to consider the Plextor Premium, as it’s stocked will a nice set of features. If you want to protect your discs with a password, adjust some laser settings or put up to 1,2 Gb on a disc, the Premium might be interesting.

I don’t know what your intentions with a CDRW driver are, but if you are just a “regular user”, you also could consider buying a (multiformat) DVDRW drive, as these are becoming pretty fast CD writers as well (up to 40x, fast enough for most people) and they can write DVD media (that’s the future… for know).

How do you know, before buying, that a drive is a re-badged Lite-On??

Originally posted by xtremeskier97
How do you know, before buying, that a drive is a re-badged Lite-On??

:wink:

Thanks to all replies. You guys are sweet. 10.00 is such a good deal. Where do I get that? I searched on google but
the best deal is somewherein the 50.00 range.

I sthat 10.00 USD ? or ??

the deals i was referring to are in the usa and in USD. such deals aren’t available all the time, but usually come every few weeks or so at places like Office Depot, OfficeMax, Staples, Best Buy, etc, and are advertised in their sunday ads (i’m listing these assuming i live in the usa as well, i can’t really tell since u didn’t give ur location). these deals are frequently listed in the CD Freaks Bargain Basement forum.