What’s your opinion on iPhone 5S?

vbimport

When I surfing online today, I found this news that iPhone 5S is said to be released in June with A7 processor and more advanced camera. But its appearance may seem like the existing iPhone 5. “original design, New ideas”. What’s your opinion on this new apple gadget?

An unnecessary expensive smartphone.

It is rumored that the iPhone 5S would be cheaper than other iPhone models, just donot know how much the price would be cut down :smiley:

I don´t think it will be cheaper because you can still get the 4s for less money.

[QUOTE=Monica5876;2682517]When I surfing online today, I found this news that iPhone 5S is said to be released in June with A7 processor and more advanced camera. But its appearance may seem like the existing iPhone 5. “original design, New ideas”. What’s your opinion on this new apple gadget?[/QUOTE]
I’ll judge it on its merits after it is released, and then weigh it in with the apparent sociopathic attitude apple corporation has to the rest of the world, and the way it treats its shareholders, customers, employees, government, legal systems, tax obligations …

I think Apple will lose a lot of customers the coming months. I prefer an Android phone anyway, but before Apple had some features that could be a reason to buy one, e.g. screen quality. Now I wouldn’t know why you would need an Apple, unless you’re a hipster with no tech knowhow of course.

I have had Apple phones since their inception and my son would go nuts if I changed brands, he is an Apple fanatic, everything from IPhones to IPods and IMacs. So the 5S is the next Phone on the horizon for us, our contract is not up until Sept of this year.

I’m not impressed with the [U]iPhone 5[/U] or a newer [U]5S[/U] release.

With the above being said, there is humour in [U]Apple[/U] press and fan bois attacking [U]Samsung[/U] over the [U]Galaxy S4[/U] keeping the same external design but adding internal changes with hardware and features when it would appear that, hey, [U]Apple[/U] is doing the same thing! :wink:

For the reasons of full disclosure I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I absolutely love it. I know numerous people who own the Apple iPhone. Some of those people love their iPhones and others curse the very ground that Apple walks on due to issues they’ve had. At the end of the day the user experience is never exactly the same between any 2 people and there is subjectivity involved in labeling worth to a new iteration of a phone series.

The same opinion I had on all the previous iPhone versions…

That is that I can find better ways to spend $4800(US) MINIMUM over the life of the three year service contract.

I use a phone that… drumroll please is a PHONE.

I just got a phone upgrade.
I could have had an iPhone 5 (at extra cost), but instead went for a free Google Nexus 4, which I’m loving.

I do have an 4th gen iPAD and I also love that, but for a phone I prefer Android.

My neighbor just got a Galaxy IV and its an awesome phone but alas I am stuck with syncing with Itunes for my movies and songs. They own me now.:confused:

Iphone 5 it`s big bulshit , maybe galaxy s3 and now s4.Just my opinion.

[QUOTE=AllanDeGroot;2682634]The same opinion I had on all the previous iPhone versions…

That is that I can find better ways to spend $4800(US) MINIMUM over the life of the three year service contract.

I use a phone that… drumroll please is a PHONE.[/QUOTE]

Until I got my S3 when it launched I was still using an old Motorola RAZR V3. I agree about having a phone to just use as a phone. That said, the world is changing and there are many things about a smartphone that come in handy in day-to-day life for people on the move.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2682701]My neighbor just got a Galaxy IV and its an awesome phone but alas I am stuck with syncing with Itunes for my movies and songs. They own me now.:confused:[/QUOTE]

If I needed a new phone I’d have gone with the [U]S4[/U] but my [U]S3[/U] is just fine and I don’t qualify for an upgrade until [I]2014[/I]. There’s no reason for me to waste money on an upgrade at this point.

With respect to you being tied to Apple via syncing and iTunes, I definitely understand. You aren’t alone and that strategy was very very shrewd on Apple’s part.

I’m more interested to see what Apple does with the iPhone 6. The S releases are meaningless, IMHO, and simply a ploy to rake in more money from those who will buy any and every new iteration of a Apple product.

I agree with everything you have said DrinkLieAndDie, if it were just me and I didn’t have a son in college that loves Apple products, and yes I am a fool , he is a great kid, excellent student and I am lucky to have him, so I indulge him a bit, he has every new product that Apple makes, when he went off to college I put a 512gb SSD in his brand new Apple Mac Pro laptop, along with a 64gb Iphone 4S, like I said our contract wont be up until this Sept so the word is that the 5S will be out so we will wait until then but it goes beyond that, his girlfriend who goes to a different University also has an Apple so they can chat forever , use Factime all for free with the plan we have, that couldn’t happen if they had different phones. Its a mess I tell you.

I I think there will be only small changes in the specifications over the iPhone 5 but big changes when the iPhone 6 arrives because it’s getting behind the Android phones.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2682531]An unnecessary expensive smartphone.[/QUOTE]

+1

In general, I don’t think all the extra features you get with a smart phone are worth the cost. I still roll with my Motorola Razr and switch between a couple other old phones of mine (just swap the SIM card). They do everything I need (which is make calls and send texts). I can still interface them with my Bluetooth.

[QUOTE=hogger129;2684381]+1

In general, I don’t think all the extra features you get with a smart phone are worth the cost. I still roll with my Motorola Razr and switch between a couple other old phones of mine (just swap the SIM card). They do everything I need (which is make calls and send texts). I can still interface them with my Bluetooth.[/QUOTE]

Don’t get me wrong. I absolutely love smartphones. I’m just not paying that amount of money for them, since i don’t need them. I love 'em, but don’t need 'em to run my life, so pay as little as possible. I do have a smartphone and my wife has an iPhone, but we got them for free and have the cheapest prepay options possible.

[QUOTE=calebtemple;2684345]I I think there will be only small changes in the specifications over the iPhone 5 but big changes when the iPhone 6 arrives because it’s getting behind the Android phones.[/QUOTE]
An eternal optimist … the glass is half full of Apple juice …
Meanwhile, on the other side of the table, android users have discarded the glass and are already well into their second bottle … which has just been patented by Apple as the iBottle … but will be thrown out of court due to prior art :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=debro;2684539]An eternal optimist … the glass is half full of Apple juice …
Meanwhile, on the other side of the table, android users have discarded the glass and are already well into their second bottle … which has just been patented by Apple as the iBottle … but will be thrown out of court due to prior art :p[/QUOTE]

I don’t think Droids are all they’re cracked up to be. Close friend of mine went through three of them before the Droid Razr Maxx. Wasn’t hard on them or anything, they just didn’t last. I just don’t think Droids are very reliable. As much as I’m not a fan of Apple, I have to admit they have a better smart phone.

[QUOTE=hogger129;2684544]I don’t think Droids are all they’re cracked up to be. Close friend of mine went through three of them before the Droid Razr Maxx. Wasn’t hard on them or anything, they just didn’t last. I just don’t think Droids are very reliable. As much as I’m not a fan of Apple, I have to admit they have a better smart phone.[/QUOTE]
There is a large quantity of Android phones available on the market. Samsung makes a large range of them also, and product quality will differ greatly depending on price point.

I know that Samsung makes the Galaxy S3 & the Galaxy S3 “mini” and a whole bunch of other android phones.
The S3 was the flagship phone, and the S3 mini was a gimped version, much lower resolution, lower processor speed with a different (older) processor and different & much slower video chip, all premium features stripped out and so-on and so forth.

LG makes android phones that overheat and bake themselves from the inside out, and eventually die horribly within 3 months of you turning them on. They’re cheaper though, and have flagship type features, also can be used to replace easy-bake ovens.

Sony makes gaming oriented android phones, along with standard form factor phones.

Apple makes … iphone 5 with 64GB, iphone 5 with 32GB, iphone 5 with 16GB … OMFG! The choices are so … so … underwhelming!!!