What would you do?

vbimport

Last October I bought the Samsung LN-T4671 LCD TV (happens with any xx71 series TV) and after a while noticed some odd behavior with the 120Hz Auto Motion Plus. When set to High, Med or Low it had Triple ball effect (three footballs trailing), Stutter and vapor trails. Samsung was aware of the problem and came out with a firmware update that allowed AMP to be turned off.:confused: With AMP off the TV is perfect in picture quality no stutter,TBE or vapor. Samsung said this would nearly fix the issues with AMP on low but it’s still there. Also they said they where working on a fix 5 months ago. Now they are saying there is no fix. The reason I bought this TV is for the AMP and paid more money for it. People have had their units replaced /their motherboards and still the issue exists. I have been on the phone to Samsung support many times with no satisfaction at all. Seems to me I paid extra money for something that doesn’t work and Samsung is trying to bury their head in the sand. This is not to bash Samsung as they have a huge amount of products out there that work as advertised. What would you do? I want a newer TV that works as advertised.

dunno crossg i’ve never been in that position before but i would not be happy.

I don’t see anything wrong with your request “I want a newer TV that works as advertised.” but how does one go about forcing them to do that?

Have you talked to the store you bought it from?

It’s quite annoying if you need to turn off or set to low the 120Hz Auto Motion Plus everytime you watch sport events or other programs with fast moving motion.

@Bob. The store I bought it from has a 14 day return policy and 60 day exchange. My fault for thinking Samsung would have it fixed once they were aware of the problem.

@zevia. Exactly.

Very annoying.

Have you tried climbing the ladder a little higher to see if you can get some satisfaction?

:cool::cool:

[quote=platinumsword;2053110]Very annoying.

Have you tried climbing the ladder a little higher to see if you can get some satisfaction?

:cool::cool:[/quote]Yeah. Currently talking with a Samsung support supervisor. The highest tier you can talk to in the support arena. I will be very suprised if they call me back.

Do you have any documentation to emphasize the fact?

How about a email to consumer reports, tweak there interest.

This issue is pretty well documented over @AVS forums and others. They are talking about class action but mostly in the USA. Samsung is aware of the TBE Click. Says they are working on a fix. That was posted last Dec but I had that FW updated in late Oct. The FW is now available on their website and now says it will correct the problem. Click. It’s the identical FW that was released for TBE. When I saw the blurb saying it would correct the problems I went whoooaa :disagree: then got on the phone with Samsung. After waiting 6 months for an update to fix this problem it doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy that they can fix it.:wink:

Update. They didn’t call me back so I called them again. To my suprise they have forwarded my case to the exchange dept. Now we’re getting somewhere. Maybe?:slight_smile:

Sounds like inadequate processor power in the video circuits. Doubtful it can be fixed. Leaving it at 60Hz isn’t such a huge step down in quality, if that’s an option.

If you can’t get a resolution (pun intended), & you have proof that Samsung knows there is a problem with your model of TV,
maybe it’s time to let them know that your next move is contacting the local TV news media. If there’s one thing Samsung does not want, it’s their shortcomings in this product & in their customer service shown on TV. Bad publicity.

[QUOTE=crossg;2054755]Update. They didn’t call me back so I called them again. To my suprise they have forwarded my case to the exchange dept. Now we’re getting somewhere. Maybe?:)[/QUOTE]

Let’s hope so.

I had to do the same thing with Chrysler at one time and climb the food chain until they forked out $10,000.00 to replace a motor.

Let’s just say that I am now driving an Import.

[QUOTE=crossg;2054755]Update. They didn’t call me back so I called them again. To my suprise they have forwarded my case to the exchange dept. Now we’re getting somewhere. Maybe?:)[/QUOTE]Keep on them crossg :iagree: Ask for a supervisor if needed.

[quote=chosenfew777;2054876]If you can’t get a resolution (pun intended), & you have proof that Samsung knows there is a problem with your model of TV,
maybe it’s time to let them know that your next move is contacting the local TV news media. If there’s one thing Samsung does not want, it’s their shortcomings in this product & in their customer service shown on TV. Bad publicity.[/quote]
Eeewww that’s nasty, but I love it.:iagree: I will keep that in mind if this goes south.

I’ll keep on them and hopefully get somewhere when I talk to the exchange dept tomorrow. (fingers crossed)

Yo Greg-

Maybe it is time to have your lawyer send them a certified letter - that asks for resolution-eh!!