What will it take for my 4770k to be @4.8

vbimport

Good day Guys

Have been gon for a Little while , Need some advice or any recommendations

I tried to boot @4.8 that did not work , tried @4.7 booted 30 minutes the pc restarted Booted @4.6 every thing is good ran prime test Blend , Large FTT every thing ok but with blend My temps are 90c with small FTT temps @ 105c :bigsmile: but no BSOD so i decided to keep it @4.6 VC 1.274v and play my games every thing was smooth untail I moved up mu PCI Latency from 64 to 96 Played my game for 3 hours boom BSOD but not sure if it was my game or other programs i was running

any way Please lok at PIC and let me know what you think My other Quetion is if I Buy the best cooling system on the market today How will this help me if I cant even boot @4.8 ???

Would also Like to know what does Trial mean

many thanks

Here Is MY system

operating system! 764X ultimate Still Testing :frowning:
Processor: Intel ® Core i7- 4770K processor
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OCWF3X,2GBDDR5
Maximum memory : 32GB / on board 16gb DDR3 1600 Fan:Scythe Mugen 4 (SCMG-4000)/Cougar Power 700 W
Memory clock : 1600 MHz DDR3, CL10 9-9-9-24
SSD : SAMSUNG SSD 840 PRO 128GB
Motherboard: MSI Z87 -G45 GAMING ATX
Case: Cougar Evolution 6GR1B black
HDD: WD Caviar Green 2TB SATA 6Gb / s
Network: Gigabit Killer E2205,Chipset: Intel Z87 Express

Very few 4770K chips will be stable at 4.8GHz, and even then keeping them cool would be a problem.
For Haswell CPU’s you need to be keeping the vcore below 1.2V, otherwise no amount of cooling will be enough. Learn to use the ‘adaptive voltage offset’ method in the boards UEFI. Which should allow you to get a good overclock with a low vcore.

Most 4770K chips should be able to goto 4.3GHz, mines will do 4.5Ghz with ease, well below 1.2V vcore. Taking it to 4.6Ghz requires a bit more voltage, and it starts to run quite hot.

PCie frequency should be locked at 100Mhz, going above this is very likely to damage any card, or on board chipset that relies on PCIe.
Set the BLCK clock to 100MHz, and be careful with the strapping frequencies.

[QUOTE=speer;2725446]
Would also Like to know what does Trial mean

many thanks[/QUOTE]

Is it a trial version of the program, so you can’t see all the cores until you purchase the full version?

Try the regular Hardware Monitor, not Hardware Monitor PRO.

Many thanks guys

So Dee what your are saying is that @4.6 or 4.5 Im doing quit good ??

Because My sweet spot on this cpu is 4.5 but it will also do 4.6 EZ But not 4.7

Going by the amount of vcore you’re pushing through that CPU @4.5GHz, I wouldn’t be trying to go any faster. Pushing much more than 1.2 Volts through that chip has been shown to cause the chip to degrade over time. Whereby you need to keep adding vcore to keep the thing stable at that speed.

Try experimenting with vcore adaptive voltage offsets in the UEFI, and see if you can get it stable at a lower vcore than 1.296 volts. Try for under 1.200 if possible.

As you can see from my screenshot, mines is stable @4.5GHz with only 1.153 Volts

Thanks Dee

I agree with you BUT it looks Like Mine is very solid at this VC no matter what I through at it as far as Gaming and so on

I dont know how to use or adjust the offsets and tell you the truth I am a little dubious touching them

Anything above 4.5GHz on Haswell on air or all-in-one water cooling is a crapshoot. You have to win the silicon lottery to get a chip that will do 4.7/4.8GHz with 1.25v or less.

[QUOTE=Two Degrees;2725745]Anything above 4.5GHz on Haswell on air or all-in-one water cooling is a crapshoot. You have to win the silicon lottery to get a chip that will do 4.7/4.8GHz with 1.25v or less.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% It Looks Like I am stable on 4.5 air and I am Happy :iagree:

I dont think I want to take the watter cooling route , Specially I have no idea what so ever about water cooling

Many thanks