(What) Virus?

Hi!

OK, a friend of mine just called me and said that after he played some mp3 files he later realised that all his jpgs are linked as Visual Basic Script files and the file size is reduced to 12kb. The file extension is still jpg. I think the same with his mp3’s. He has no Antivirus program so he can’t scan.
I will meet him later, install some AV program and we will see what we can recover ( if we can ). So now for my question. What virus is this ( Name ) if it is but I think so. I don’t have much time otherwise I would do the research by myself.
Please Help:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

F.P.

This

If he was a friend of mine, I wouldn’t help him… Tss… no virusscanner… he’s asking for problems, so let him solve his own problems as well!

to Upp3rd0G:

Not everyone has the same knowledge as me or you!
I help him and he will learn.

F.P.

Originally posted by FordPrefect
Not everyone has the same knowledge as me or you!
I help him and he will learn.

Same here, but I would definately take the opportunity to point my friend to his own ignorance :wink:

As to your questions, perhaps I should make my old thread about Viruses sticky again, still think that post contained a lot of useful information and of course the replies to that with additions.

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
perhaps I should make my old thread about Viruses sticky again, still think that post contained a lot of useful information and of course the replies to that with additions.

nah, i think FP’s friend has learnt his lesson :wink:
mcafee or symantic have just recruited another loyal subject.

Originally posted by Da_Taxman

Same here, but I would definately take the opportunity to point my friend to his own ignorance :wink:

Hehe, lol… maybe I said it too harsh… But my friends already have learned from their mistakes in the past! I only have to warn them for new viruses which spread very rapidly… :stuck_out_tongue: And if somehow something does happen, I usually end up in helping them… :wink: