What Video Card

vbimport

Hi i’m looking to upgrade from a 8800gts 320 video card and need some input on what card, I have been looking at the gtx 260 core 192 for $170 or should i wait until the 216 core comes down and is there a big difference between these cards thanks.

[QUOTE=raider12;2161397]Hi i’m looking to upgrade from a 8800gts 320 video card and need some input on what card, I have been looking at the gtx 260 core 192 for $170 or should i wait until the 216 core comes down and is there a big difference between these cards thanks.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you should ask this are you going to go SLI or not or if you motherboards supports using GPU cars in SLI mode? That might be something you would consider in the future. What is the price of the 216 core there? What kinda motherboard do you have now?? AFAIK I don’t think the 216 core is going to come down in price anytime soon yet or not that much.

$250 for the core 216 version and 170 for the core 192

Honestly, black friday and cyber monday are right around the corner. I wouldn’t be surprised if you could get a 216 core card for $200. Another good card would be the 4870, and I think we could easily see that for $180. Hang in there…

Or better yet if you can wait til after the New year when they get the new hardware you might even get more discount… then black friday but then again that is up to you to decide how soon you need it and what your willing to spend.

thanks for the reply i might wait

There are a lot of places doing early black friday to get steps on the competition. I think New Egg is running some early deals. As usual.