What to do?

Hello
I’m Just a guy who likes to play with things.:stuck_out_tongue: I work as a service tech on industrial laundry equipment but mostly I like to watch movies. I have a large library of DVD’s and have recently been copying them to my computer hard drive. I use AnyDVD from SlySoft to rip the movies. I have been using the Cyberlink DVD Quick Play to watch my ripped movies on my computer and have had no issues with either program. I even get the bonus features as well as the menus and controls from the DVD’s. I have an XBOX 360 that I am trying to use as a media extender and for the most part it works. My problem is my 360 only works well with Windows Media Center and will not “see” the Cyberlink program or play my ripped movies. I have tried to convert the movies to a different format(from VOB to MPEG4 and from VOB to WVM) but I loose most of the functionality and all of the extra material:a If any one has any Ideas or knows of a program that will either allow the XBOX to play the files as they are or convert the whole file to a playable format I would really appriciate the help.

[QUOTE=Stuck in Denver;2408362]Hello
I’m Just a guy who likes to play with things.:stuck_out_tongue: I work as a service tech on industrial laundry equipment but mostly I like to watch movies. I have a large library of DVD’s and have recently been copying them to my computer hard drive. I use AnyDVD from SlySoft to rip the movies. I have been using the Cyberlink DVD Quick Play to watch my ripped movies on my computer and have had no issues with either program. I even get the bonus features as well as the menus and controls from the DVD’s. I have an XBOX 360 that I am trying to use as a media extender and for the most part it works. My problem is my 360 only works well with Windows Media Center and will not “see” the Cyberlink program or play my ripped movies. I have tried to convert the movies to a different format(from VOB to MPEG4 and from VOB to WVM) but I loose most of the functionality and all of the extra material:a If any one has any Ideas or knows of a program that will either allow the XBOX to play the files as they are or convert the whole file to a playable format I would really appriciate the help.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the problem is the XBOX not the movie files itself. So are you using the XBOX to transfer from computer to TV??? Your unclear on this part more clarificiation would be helpful here how your entertainment setup is??

Have you tried XBMC?

[QUOTE=Stuck in Denver;2408362]

I am trying to use as a media extender and for the most part it works.[/quote] If you use Windows Media Player and/or MCP then you are forced to use playlists. These playlists are transfered to your xbox 360

My problem is my 360 only works well with Windows Media Center
No it won’t. It will also work with Fuppes. I use FreeNAS which has Fuppes built-in.

convert the whole file to a playable format I would really appriciate the help.
If you have successfully updated the Xbox 360 coded schematics (reinstall the additional movie codecs) you can play divx files on memory sticks and discs, but not when using the media center extender:

If you’re running your Xbox as a Media Center extender, DivX and XviD aren’t natively supported. That means that if you like watching your downloaded videos with your Xbox Media Center extender instead of from the Xbox dashboard, you’ll still have to use one of the third party transcoders mentioned above.

If it’s any help, I use Xvid4PSP’s xbox profile and wirelessly stream mp4,avi etc to the xbox via Tversity…Works a treat…:cool:

Hello Everyone
Thanks for all the help and sorry for the delaied response, I was on a small road trip. I will let you know what works for me, It will take a day or so to try the different options.

In reply to Coolcolors,
I am trying to use the XBOX as a network location that can view files on my computers hard drive. As if the XBOX was a workstation and my computer a server. So to answer your question, no I’m not using the XBOX to transfer files to the TV, I’m using the XBOX to pull files and view them and the TV is just a monitor

In reply to Whappo,
I must be honest I have no idea what XBMC is.

[QUOTE=Stuck in Denver;2414927]In reply to Whappo,
I must be honest I have no idea what XBMC is.[/QUOTE]

http://xbmc.org/