What to buy and where to buy it?

Ok, I’m new to the entire burner thing and was wondering if someone could tell me what type of blank media to buy and the cheapest place to get it (I’m in Canada). The burner I have is supposed to work with pretty much any media from what I understand. I’m looking to burn some video montages (so I’ll want something that will last forever), I also want to send videos to family, so I’m looking for something I can re-write on. Same story for music. That’s about all I plan to burn for the moment. Any suggestions?
TIA!

Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim brand for media. Have a look in the Bargain Basement to see what others are doing for media deals in Canada. I’m in the USA.

What brand/model burner do you have? Some burners come with bitsetting firmware to make +R discs more compatible with older DVD players and some burners don’t is why i ask.

Try Futureshop in Canada and look for Verbatim MIT MCC004 16X media. It is known to be as good as it gets, you might also want to look for some Taiyo Yuden media, Rima.com.

Online you can try www.blankmedia.ca for the media mentioned above :slight_smile:

I’ve got an LG Super Multi DVD Rewriter GSA-H55L