What the hell is wrong with my computer? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

vbimport

I don’t know whats going on, but I’m having soooo much trouble with my stupid bloody computer. :confused: :confused: The only thing thats REALLY making my life hell, :a is that I can’t burn anymore. :sad: :sad: :sad: I don’t know whats happened. I’ve been burning for ages, without trouble, but now all of a sudden, dvd shrink says it has burnt successfully, but then when I go to play it, it just keeps trying to load…without any success. When I try it on my computer, it says the door is open or the medium is not present. I had trouble recently with my computer saying stuff like: Disable the driver or check with manufacturer for driver updates, Try changing video adapters, Check with hardware vendor for any BIOS updates, Disable memory options such as caching or shadowing, Checking C Drive- cannot open volume for direct access, System registry corrupt, and also something about running NTSC or NTFC or something like that. I am NOT a computer buff, and all that stuff really confuses me!! :confused: :confused: :confused:
I’m using a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-106D [FW 1.08]
I’m still using the same media that I always have.
Iv’e posted added some info in 2 other threads…‘Am i totally F**ked!!!’ and also in ‘AnyDVD + CloneDVD or DVD Decryptor + DVD Shrink’ if anyone can help from the info there. Any help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
I NEED SOMEONES HELP…PLEASE!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

You said burning was succesfully, and you’ve used the same media like before.
How it would be, to try another media brand? :wink:

G’day
Can you restore your sysem to an earlier date? when it was working OK. :slight_smile:

I tried restoring my computer about a week ago when my computer started playin up, but that didnt help. It says that you can undo a restoration if your not happy with it, but it wouldnt work…Anyway…
Im getting someone else to try and do me a copy, using the same media on there computer…so we’ll see what happens. I’ll keep you posted…just incase someone else is havin the same problems as me!

I’ve had the same sort of thing (crashes, corrupted registry and dvd burner problems) which turned out to be the IDE cable which I could temporarily cure by wiggling the connectors to re-establish a good electrical contact. If you are still stuck it might be worth trying a new cable.

I was the owner of the thread “Am i totally f**ked” did you try the memory test?

Download HWiNFO32 here:

http://www.snapfiles.com/dlnow/rdir.dll?id=108599

It may point you in the right direction…

Hi, sorry if I butted in on your thread, I do apologise.
Yeah I tried the memory test, but no errors were found.
I got a report on my C drive (from norton disk doctor), and it said that the type of file system is NTFS. Is that supposed to be like that? I know you said something about that in your post. :confused: Also it said that my sound card driver is missing…this all happened around the same time I’m pretty sure.
When I turn on my computer and it starts to load, I noticed it said ‘Master disc- Disabled’ and also ‘Slave disc- Disabled’, does that mean anything?? :confused: :confused:
I sent an error message to Microsoft and it said that Error was Caused By A Device Driver. It said; DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Don’t know what that means?

Whats this for? Why would I need to do this please?

Hi, thanks for your help…what is the IDE cable? I tried wriggling all cables but it didnt seem to help.

I REALLY DO APPRECIATE EVERYONES HELP…THERE STILL IS SOME DECENT PEOPLE OUT THERE!!! :smiley: :slight_smile: :smiley: THANKYOU ALL WHO ARE TRYING TO HELP ME!! :bow:

There are many ways to troubleshoot this problem. Unfortunately, since you’re a novice PC user, the best course of action is to wipe the hard drive and reload windows.

If you have a friend with some PC skills, then remove the PRIMARY and SECONDARY IDE channels from DEVICE MANAGER. Shut down PC. Reset the CMOS. Now reboot into the BIOS and make sure the DVD burner is DETECTED. Also verify that the DVD drive is set to AUTO detect. Save to BIOS and reboot to windows. Go back to Primary and Secondary Channels in DEVICE MANAGER and verify that Devices 0 and 1 are set to use DMA mode.

Hi Furballi: Thanks for your help, I’m gonna print your info out & try and get someone who knows about computers to try and help me.
Whats all that for and whats it going to do?
Thanks

Depending on how old your PC is the IDE cable is the (usualy) grey flat plastic ribbon thingy, or fat round cable that plugs into the back of the drive and at the other end the main board. In my case, the cable, or the contacts, had broken down with age causing the symptoms you mention.

However, I’d go with Fubali with this. He’s sorted me out with problems before now. You will need to provide more details of your system and the various problems you have been experiencing. Narrowing down these sorts of problems requires a methodical approach as it could be any number of things. Hardware or software. If you are patient you will get there. :slight_smile: Window’s always blames bad drivers when in actual fact the problem turns out to be hardware. As Furbali say’s, first check the BIOS and let him know the result. You can get into the BIOS by hitting a key before Windows begins to load. Usualy you need to hit the Delete key and most newer BIOS’s tell you the key to hit briefly at the bottom of the screen when you boot up.

Hey thats no problem, but if the memory test didnt work for your then im sorry but i know nothing else about computers and the problem your having but you have quality people in this thread trying to help you so your in good hands

Hey guys. I know it’s not a perminent solution, but wouldn’t it be good to have her remove the cd/dvd, ide channels, sound card from device manager, and reboot to see if it will redetect everything properly. Plus, in the past when I’ve had a corrupted system, I reinstalled windows right over the top of the original one, and was able to get my pc back. Then I backed up all my important data, before I wiped everything out and did the fresh install. Your thoughts please!!

The important thing is that you MUST wipe the hard drive and reload windows if resetting the CMOS and removing the IDE channels do not fix these problems.

Also try another working DVD burner and IDE cable to eliminate hardware issue. Sometimes, moving the DVD burner to the primary IDE channel will cure your burn issue.

I maintain an AS-LOADED image file of windows on my hard drive for quick testing. This will instantly eliminate software conflict.