What sort of CD is this

vbimport

I want to rip a CD which has a digital photography course on it so it will be available on my PC and backed up. Is this a data CD or how do I know? Windows Media Player won’t rip it. Wen I click rip it asks for the disk and when it is inserted the course just opens?

It has CB155K in properties and CDFS files system

Is it a protected CD? Did you buy it somewhere or it was created by yourself?

[quote=geno888;2014648]Is it a protected CD? Did you buy it somewhere or it was created by yourself?[/quote]I bought it and want to back up for my own use. Is it against forum rules to ask this? If so sorry

Can you close the program then right click & explore it?
If you can what type files does it contain ?
I think using AnyDVD with CloneCD would allow you to make a backup.
You might not even need AnyDVD.
They are shareware but have a free trial period(or did last time I checked).
That way if they don’t work you won’t have purchased programs you don’t need.
http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html

[quote=cholla;2014672]Can you close the program then right click & explore it?
If you can what type files does it contain ? [/quote]JPEG/Shockwave/Video and audio folder in shockwave flash/HTML files and others that make up the CD

You might not even need AnyDVD.

Will try

They are shareware but have a free trial period(or did last time I checked).
That way if they don’t work you won’t have purchased programs you don’t need.
http://www.slysoft.com/en/clonecd.html

Thanks

I tried CloneCD but I cannot copy to the hard drive with it as far as I can see

Another question: When a 700mb CD-R has one song recorded on it should it not take more until the disc is full?

You should start with reading the help\Main window of CloneCD.
Select “File” pulldown then read to file
Select your CD burner next
Select CD type in your case probably Data CD next
This gives you a “browse” for the folder you want to place the CD files in.Then OK.
This will copy it to the HD.
To copy from the HD to a blank CD choose "file"pulldown.
Select "Write from file"Browse to the folder you read the CD files to.
It should be the one already there .then Next
Select the burner with blank CD.Next
Select CD type & write speed that matches CD.
Select OK

[quote=cholla;2014980]You should start with reading the help\Main window of CloneCD.[/quote] Sorry:doh::o

Select “File” pulldown then read to file
Select your CD burner next
Select CD type in your case probably Data CD next
This gives you a “browse” for the folder you want to place the CD files in.Then OK.
This will copy it to the HD.
To copy from the HD to a blank CD choose "file"pulldown.
Select "Write from file"Browse to the folder you read the CD files to.
It should be the one already there .then Next
Select the burner with blank CD.Next
Select CD type & write speed that matches CD.
Select OK

david banner ;
Were you able to do what you wanted with CloneCD ?

Slysoft has some good software & it is cheaper if you purchase the whole package than if you buy each individually.I’m not affiliated in any way with Slysoft other than having purchased some of their software.
Windows Media Player is a pretty limited “ripper” so you might want to purchase one if you do much ripping.
I don’t have 2 burners on the same computer but Clone CD is supposed to “rip” on the fly.(direct from one CD to the other).
I have always prefered to rip to the HD then write to a new blank on the burner.

I burned it with ImgBurn. There were 3 files r IMAGE.ccd IMAGE.img and IMAGE.sub.

Only one showed inthe folder on hard drive when burning - IMAGE.img and I burned to a DVD with ImgBurn. I have not had time to play it all yet I think some images may be missing but the necessary part is there.

CloneCD will write(burn) it to a CD from the folder it created when it read it to the HD.You might want to try that if the CD you burned with ImgBurn is incomplete.
I have also used ImgBurn I think with it you needed to build an .iso file from the 3 files CloneCD created.Then write (burn) the .iso to a DVD disc.
If that’s what you did the all the data should be there it just may all be in the one file.

[quote=cholla;2015683]CloneCD will write(burn) it to a CD from the folder it created when it read it to the HD.You might want to try that if the CD you burned with ImgBurn is incomplete.[/quote]I tried that but it said the disk was not empty when it is a new blank

I have also used ImgBurn I think with it you needed to build an .iso file from the 3 files CloneCD created.
I do not see build ISO option in ImgBurn and the ImgBurn forum is down

Then write (burn) the .iso to a DVD disc.
DVD not CD?

PS How come I have no right click with copy/cut and paste option here. Is it my browser?

We were posting at the same time I will try to answer your questions
I don’t know why it said the new blank wasn’t empty try some other blanks or you may need to format the blank.
I will give you some instructions for ImgBurn
ImgBurn is for burning DVD’s not CD’s .Above you posted you used ImgBurn to burn the file to a DVD.
My right click works here I’m using IE7
David ;I think these files:IMAGE.ccd IMAGE.img and IMAGE.sub. are what CloneCD will use the make the backup or clone.If you use CloneCD to write them to a CD -R disc when you open that backup disc it should have the same files in it as the original.This is what I thought you were after.
Copying the files on the original CD -R & then burning them to a DVD disc is different.
You can try ImgBurn again but if you do try building the .iso of a folder containing the 3 files.Even then I don’t think the result will be the same as the files on the original.If you have some DVD RW media that is good to make practice copies until you find what will work.
You might try to edit\Select All\copy or copy to folder from the CD to a folder then build an .iso with that folder in ImgBurn.Then write(burn) that to a DVD disc.I’m not sure that will work but worth a try.

I don’t know why it said the new blank wasn’t empty try some other blanks or you may need to format the blank.
Yes I did format but it still said it was not empty. Coaster maybe

ImgBurn is for burning DVD’s not CD’s .Above you posted you used ImgBurn to burn the file to a DVD.
Sorry for confusion thought you said burn the .iso file to DVD.

My right click works here I’m using IE7
It must be my browser,it happens on some sites but not others

David ;I think these files:IMAGE.ccd IMAGE.img and IMAGE.sub. are what CloneCD will use the make the backup or clone.If you use CloneCD to write them to a CD -R disc when you open that backup disc it should have the same files in it as the original.This is what I thought you were after.

I will try again thanks

Copying the files on the original CD -R & then burning them to a DVD disc is different
.OK:o

You might try to edit\Select All\copy or copy to folder from the CD to a folder then build an .iso with that folder in ImgBurn.Then write(burn) that to a DVD disc.I’m not sure that will work but worth a try
.OK will try again and get back to you later. Thanks again for your help,:slight_smile: much appreciated

In ImgBurn Select Mode then in pulldown Build.
In Options you will see you will see a pulldown it will have ISO9660 & other combinations of this ,You probably need ISO9660+UDF.
Then in file pulldown select Browse for a folder.Select the folder.It will be in source.
Then in destination select a new folder (you will probly need to create one)
on your HD.
Then select the build icon.This should build the .iso in the new folder.
Then in ImgBurn mode\write.Select the .iso file in the folder for the source.
Then select the write icon.with the destination being a blank DVD in your burner.
It will give you some naming options put in what you want.Then OK
When you open the disc the .iso should have written the original file the .iso contained.
Which may be these IMAGE.ccd IMAGE.img and IMAGE.sub. instead of the

JPEG/Shockwave/Video and audio folder in shockwave flash/HTML files and others that make up the CD
in the original.
If you can copy & paste the files from the original CD to a folder then build an .iso with those that may work but I’m not sure.
btw it never hurts to have some RW discs when trying to do something new.That way you can just erase & try again if it doesn’t work.Then when you get a good result use a R disc using the same method.That goes for CD or DVD discs.

[QUOTE=david banner;2014721]
Another question: When a 700mb CD-R has one song recorded on it should it not take more until the disc is full?[/QUOTE]
Not if you finalized it with the one song being the only file on it.
Create a folder with several songs then burn & finalize.Some programs automatically finalize.Depending on your OS the way you formated the disc makes a difference.
Also on the Read to HD with CloneCD.CloneCD is supposed to remove copyright protection but if it didn’t you may need to use it with AnyDVD which also removes copyright protection from CD’s.AnyDVD needs to be on first the CloneCD.
For some other software burning programs AnyDVD needs to be off.
Disclaimer to stay out of trouble:
Of course it should only be use for making a backup of an original CD you own.