What software for SOHW-812S at 8x?

I just got a new SOHW-812S today, but latest Nero 6.3.0.3 and DiscJuggler 4.10.1130 (what I normally use) will only write DVDs at 4x?

I’m using Ritek brand g04 4x dvd-r.

What software will make it go at 8x?

It’s more of a question of “What media do I need to be able to write at 8x?”
G04 is only 4x certified.
Try some 8x media :wink:

The question could also be “what media will le me go at 8X?”, don’t you think ?

Haha thibouille! I beat you to it by a millisecond.
We even both used quotes! lol

I’ve never seen 8x dvd-r media at the store anywhere and I’ve heard these G04 work fine at 8x on other drives.
and another thing…
I put the liteon drives in a autoloader duplicator and the tray doesn’t even open ALL THE WAY so the picker arm can’t pickup the disk properly which is very annoying.

Taiyo Yuden 4x DVD-R will write at 8x with your 812s.
These can be found as Fuji 10 pack jewel cases usually.

Originally posted by wesociety
Taiyo Yuden 4x DVD-R will write at 8x with your 812s.
These can be found as Fuji 10 pack jewel cases usually.

How did you come across that information?

carl burned TYG01 at 8x on his 812s here:
http://speedlabs.org/forum/index.php?board=14;action=display;threadid=280
It is possible that he is using a hacked firmware, I didn’t think of that when I initially posted my reply…

As far as the Fujis’ being TY, you need to make sure the package says Made in Japan. And they don’t use TY for the 50 packs.

Originally posted by Ssseth
How did you come across that information?

As pointed out above the TY’s will write @ 8X as well as CMC AF1. Perhaps a few others. I’ll test tomorrow. I also have some real 8X media (TY) to test tomorrow as well. What you should understand from this is the the 451/851@812 will not work for 8X DVD-R currently. That is being looked at but could take some time. The 812 will burn 4X media @ 8X but the results may not be great.

worker (carl)

According to OC-Freak there are two revisions of the same TY media. Has it been verified that both burn at 8x on the 812S?

I don’t know if both revisions will burn @ 8X. I only had one type of the TYG01 media and it came as a Fuji 10 pack. I have used all of it at this point so I can’t do anymore testing until I can get more. I’m waiting to see who has some on sale. Regular price around here is about $25 (USD) for a 10 pack of these. On sale usually around $15.

For what it’s worth, I just popped a TYG01 (from a Fuji 10-pack, Made in Japan) into my brand-new 812s (US0A firmware), and it is currently burning at 4x in DVD Decrypter 3.2.1.0 as I type this. I’ve heard that LiteOn has disabled 8x burning on 4x-rated discs in later firmwares. I didn’t try the original firmware (US03) that came with the drive.

Originally posted by Metaluna
For what it’s worth, I just popped a TYG01 (from a Fuji 10-pack, Made in Japan) into my brand-new 812s (US0A firmware), and it is currently burning at 4x in DVD Decrypter 3.2.1.0 as I type this. I’ve heard that LiteOn has disabled 8x burning on 4x-rated discs in later firmwares. I didn’t try the original firmware (US03) that came with the drive.

No need to try it; the official US03 FW doesn’t allow 8x for TYG01–only for TYG02.