What software copies DVD to SVD including Menus and Everthing - identical?

vbimport

Hi all

I don’t mean how to convert a DVD to Xvid or Mpeg or Divx or whatever…

What I mean is, how to back up a 15 minute DVD - with all features, menus, subtitles etc to a VCD.

Get it?

Basically I want to copy the entire DVD disc to a CDR and play it in my player with the TV?

All the sofware I see just converts it to a mpeg or whatever and then reburns it as a SVCD or VCD but you don’t get all the subtitle choices and all the rest.

So, for those of us that can’t play copied DVD’s on our players, but we can play VCD’s or SVCD’s - how to a put the DVD info (which is 500mb and 15 mins long) identically on to a CDR?

Have already tried nero recode, DVD clone, CD clone, DVD shrink, 1click DVD etc

Thanks

[QUOTE=No-oneusesthisname;2127763]Hi all

I don’t mean how to convert a DVD to Xvid or Mpeg or Divx or whatever…

What I mean is, how to back up a 15 minute DVD - with all features, menus, subtitles etc to a VCD.

Get it?

Basically I want to copy the entire DVD disc to a CDR and play it in my player with the TV?

All the sofware I see just converts it to a mpeg or whatever and then reburns it as a SVCD or VCD but you don’t get all the subtitle choices and all the rest.

So, for those of us that can’t play copied DVD’s on our players, but we can play VCD’s or SVCD’s - how to a put the DVD info (which is 500mb and 15 mins long) identically on to a CDR?

Have already tried nero recode, DVD clone, CD clone, DVD shrink, 1click DVD etc

Thanks[/QUOTE]

What kinda player are you using?? What region are you from? Movies aren’t 15 min long if you do that your loosing alot of visual watching for one thing. But that is my take on it. Might be time to get a newer DVD player and burner they are relatively inexpensive but since I don’t know where your from I don’t what the prices are there. But CD-R is past media DVD is the way to go now. Your asking for alot but giving very little in the way of hardware specs to be of much help here? But CD-R does have its’ place in the media storage still medium including music and data. Have you ever tried CloneDVD that program does allow you to pick audio and video tracks and leaving out there other to possible make small enough to maybe fit on a CD-R??

Try DVD Rebuilder in Half D1 mode.

If CloneDVD doesn’t work look at CloneDVDMobile that might fit your needs…it does VCD …

So, for those of us that can’t play copied DVD’s on our players

need to get a new dvd player.

i just picked up one of these from walmart only $58, so far has played every backup dvd ive tried.

The ideal DVD player for your HDTV with 1080p HDMI up conversion Be impressed with this Philips DVD player with HDMI digital video and audio connection. Step into another home entertainment arena as you immerse yourself with High Definition video (720p / 1080i/1080p). Brings audio and video to life HDMI digital output for easy connection with only one cable 12-bit/108MHz video processing for sharp, natural images 192kHz/24 bit audio DAC enhances analogue sound input High quality outputs for analog and digital audio High definition JPEG playback for images in true resolution Progressive Scan component video for optimized image quality Plays all your movies and music DivX Ultra Certified for enhanced playback of DivX videos Plays DivX, MP3, WMA and JPEG digital camera photos Plays CD, (S)VCD, DVD, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW Easy to use USB Direct plays photos and music from USB flash drives