What size of HDTV do you prefer?

vbimport

Of course it depends on how you use it, but what size of TV do you generally prefer? Is bigger really better?

My Sony is 32", but I’d love to have one of at least 50", that would be great wouldn’t it?

Testing has shown that for now 50" is the best quality picture for a big screen TV. Pioneer and Panasonic are the two best. Plasma does not have the artifact problems inherent with DLP and LCD. Also, Plasma has a much larger undistorted viewing range.

Depends on room size and viewing distance.

37" in main bedroom and 65" in living room… I wish. :smiley:

37" for me

As mentioned above a lot of it depends on what the viewing distance and room size is. That being said I am pretty happy with my 37" and I would say that somewhere between 37" and 42" is ideal for most situations. Big enough to show off being high-def without completely taking over the room (or breaking the bank).

Anything under 50" is too small for viewing HD content more than 8’ away. For SD content from cable or sat, 50" is prolly about right. With high-quality video, bigger is better.

It makes no difference what type display it is, there are equally good and bad examples of each type.

I have a 50" and that is just about perfect. It is big enough so that from 8’-10’ away you can get some of that movie theater, big screen feel… especially with the home theater on. On the other hand, the 32" in the bedroom is just about right too.

42" plasma, because the price was right.

[QUOTE=slytrans69;2140841]Testing has shown that for now 50" is the best quality picture for a big screen TV. Pioneer and Panasonic are the two best. Plasma does not have the artifact problems inherent with DLP and LCD. Also, Plasma has a much larger undistorted viewing range.[/QUOTE]
It’s also worth noting that Panasonic plasmas are some of the most reliable TVs ever made.