What should i make of this scan using 3550a

Hey jus burned a dvd image (movie) and ran the quality test through dvd/cd speed nero. dont know what to make of it, will it play ok? The quality score came back as “85”

General Information
Drive: _NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A
Firmware: 1.Y6
Disc: DVD-R (TYG02)
Selected speed: 8 X
PI errors
Maximum: 166
Average: 54.56
Total: 805292
PI failures
Maximum: 18
Average: 0.88
Total: 11395
PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 10:13
Number of samples: 17843
Average scanning interval: 8.00 ECC
Glitches removed: 0

Did you happen to save a picture of the scan? If you haven’t go ahead and scan it again and click on the disc icon in the upper right of the window. Then using manage attachments, attach the image.

Also, what speed did you burn the disc and I suggest scanning at 5x for NEC drives.

hey i recorded at max speed ( 8 i think ) i have attached the scan file

Is this real or fake media??

I hope its real?!?!?! i bought off SVP.CO.UK, ps i have been burning at selectged 8x and it has been producing better quality scans, 96 +. How do i interperate the graph, such as spikes in certain areas

Ok i have included typical results i have been getting lately by recording at 8x! is this good . bad or what? its dvd video, am i likely to get problems?

General Information
Drive: _NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A
Firmware: 1.Y6
Disc: DVD-R (TYG02)
Selected speed: 8 X
PI errors
Maximum: 534
Average: 135.91
Total: 1521732
PI failures
Maximum: 5
Average: 0.08
Total: 340
PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 8:04
Number of samples: 12709
Average scanning interval: 8.03 ECC
Glitches removed: 0

Looks OK.

Does a scan at 4x give similar results?

It really DOESN’T LOOK OK! :eek:

Really? Would you trust a scan done with a 3550??

ok so now i am confused, i dont know much about all this , and people saying it is and it isnt , aint helpin!

OK, maybe you could scan at 4x too and make a transfer rate test?!

scanning is such an inprecise science that the only way you can tell anything is to
scan disks, preferably high quality burns, with 2 different scanners and hope to duplicate results. The nec 3550/4550 line are too individual in their best scanning speed. I took disks that scanned in the high 90’s(MIJ) on my benq 1620 consistently and then found the stable point of scanning for my nec 3550. When I could overlap
the PIF graphs and get the PIF totals to match(within ~10%) then I started to trust my nec 3550 scans at 8x.

3 or 4 different scanners would be better but I never got any consistent results from my nec 3520/40’s

ok here is a scan disc ?

scroll down