What should I do

I’ve been chatting with someone online for a few months…it was cool at first and then lately its kinda freaky he is ALWAYS online…and the moment i log into a messenger service he pops me a message…
the Past few days i’ve not logged into any of them and i get emails from him…and today i get one thats super psycho…its like i’ve done some research on you…and your married and blah blah blah…but i still want to talk to you and see if theres chemistry there…ok he posted a link…with my real name in it…but get this…in my town there are 4 people with the same name…!!! so its freaking me out that he has gone to this extreme and then that he would say those things to me…so how can i get rid of him…now i’m afraid he will get my address or phone number…or worse yet…call all of those people who have my same name…

(NO MORE INTERNET DATING PERIOD)

Let him know you aren’t interested and then block him from MSN…you could always use another IM like Yahoo or Skype anyway.

Does he live in the same area as you? Could always get him for stalking. Other than that block him from everything.

well if there are 4 other people with the same name, and he calls you, deny that you have ever heard of him. That way he will assume that there is someone else he hasnt tried. After you have blocked him, and has gone through all the names… he should get the hint… unless you have given him a photo…

You could always do the same to him, and find his info. If hes married, Id love to see you give a call to his wife and tell her to have her husband quit bugging you. Its probably some teenager that tries to have an online date so that he can impress his friends. If its not, then I can kill the perv for you for free, just since its you. Normally I would charge $500,000, but Ill kill him for ya if you say thanks:D

Why kill him just remove a certain part and set him free.

now i’m afraid he will get my address or phone number…or worse yet…call all of those people who have my same name…

I personally think it is just best to lay low in a situation like this… let him think you dropped off the face of the earth, unless God forbid, he actually does try to look you up in your area.

Watch your back & be aware of everthing & everyone around you. Creeps like that may be experienced in stalking/looking for you when you least expect it. Not trying to scare you, just saying be aware…

Past few days i’ve not logged into any of them and i get emails from him…
can you block his emails w/ your email filters?

wait a minute - aren’t you married?!?

Hang in there - Be Safe!

Regards, katzz :slight_smile:

Hes bothering S_S. Shes like family of this board. Therefore, he needs capital punishment.

I’ve been in a similar situation…how long have you been laying low for?

when it happened to me, he got the picture but it took about 2-3 weeks before he got the hint.

i don’t doubt that you were safe about it and didn’t give him your address or anything, but i’d be very careful anyway. How far away does he live from you? if it’s really far I wouldn’t be too worried.

someone i know sent someone online a christmas card once and a few weeks later they showed up at her house (got the address from the return address on teh card) so be careful if you’ve sent him anything through the mail.

There are defintely creeps on the internet, but there are also people who are perfectly normal and nice. this guy definitely sounds like a freakshow, but the fact that he’s married gives you an easy out. maybe just shoor an email back and tell him he has made you uncomfortable and the fact that he’s married turns you off and you think it’s best if you guys parted ways.

if you ever try the e-guy thing again use a different screenname from what yu normally do. tha tway if you ever do have to drop off the face of the earth you won’t have to make a new SN and give it to all of your friends haha.

I don’t use MSN, but with AIM you can have different names logged on at once. definitely helpful for when it’s time to pretend you don’t exist anymore :slight_smile:

when it was me in the situation I felt guilty considering I had gotten myself into it in the first place, but you’re better off being an asshole than something happening to you. if you start to really feel uncomfortable or if his emails get threatening you need to tell someone ASAP

Yo S_S-

Mija - if there is [B][I]anything[/I][/B] I can do to help you - just let me know-eh!

Well we cannot do much seeing that its not on the forum, but like Mike says, we are here. :cop:

Different cultures require different approaches (I learned from the book “Cultures and Organizations, Software of the Mind (2nd, revised edition 2005, with Gert Jan Hofstede)” which I read during my vacation).

However, I am all for honesty. Luckily I am not in your position, but have you already told him that you are not interested in him like that and that his behaviour only confirms that. If, after that, he still acts up, try ignoriging him…you have then been nice and honest (make sure you are clear too…men are not good at reading between the lines :wink: ). If that doesn’t work, the police is the only way forward…but let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

And please do not think that all men you met on the internet are bad…there are good guys amongst us (I’d like to believe I am one of them at least… :wink: )

:clap: :clap: :clap:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Who says…Give me his address, or at least his email, and let me deal with him :a :cop: . If you give me his email address, I doubt hell be contacting you again.

No threats please…keep it clean and legal…
I appreciate it that you care, but let’s not sink to that level…

I never said I was going to hurt him…Actually, I did, just not in that post:). I would just email him and tell him to buzz off, because I know hes married and hes stalking another woman. If that didnt work, a call to his house while his wife is there to tell him to leave her alone should always work.

Please please please just a little hurt removing a small part and I am sure it is small would not be to bad

yeah too bad your clear across the world from me…

but this guy was close thank god all he has on me is my cell number and i have his so i just don’t take his calls…its just been a week…so maybe like Reasons said give him a couple more and he will finally back off…

There’s some strange peoples on the innerweb. Be careful.

Cool!

then lately its kinda freaky he is ALWAYS online…

Soo, he has no friends and no job

and today i get one thats super psycho…its like i’ve done some research on you…and your married and blah blah blah…but i still want to talk to you and see if theres chemistry there…

There sure is chemistry now, kinda explosive chemistry :slight_smile:

…ok he posted a link…with my real name in it…but get this…in my town there are 4 people with the same name…!!! so its freaking me out that he has gone to this extreme and then that he would say those things to me…
You got a stalker.

…so how can i get rid of him…now i’m afraid he will get my address or phone number…or worse yet…call all of those people who have my same name…
Report him to the cops

Awww come on. It’s usually quite nice and funny. Don’t get scared because some idiot tried to scare you. The internet is full of idiots, but most of them are harmless.