What should i burn mp3 with? / what do the Freakers use to burn mp3s with?

vbimport

hi guys,

i use lame and exact audio to rip and encode to mp3

i heard some bad things about nero and how cds arent compatible with every cd player etc.
so i would like to change to something else

so whats good software to make wav files out of mp3s with ?
what do yall use?
:)some feedback please :slight_smile:

thanks alot
Shadow

O.K. I’ll be first. I use MusicMatch Jukebox (latest version is 6) for both my player, mp3 organizer, and ripper. Have had no complaints from others that I’ve shared files with. Pegs out at 160 on the sampling rate, but sounds good to me!:cool:

I use Nero to burn my audio discs, lets you modify much with built in filters:cool:

Well I use Nero all the time to burn mp3’s to CD, and I never ran into any compatibilty problem with CD players. I also use MusicMatch Jukebox to rip the CDs. It will rip them upto 320kpbs. It also has a burning feature built into it also but I have never used it tho. If you are looking for a program specifically for just burning mp3’s I would recommend trying MP3 CD Burner. It’s a small program (1.2mb) and is loaded with features. It can also normalize volumes so if you make a compilation CD you won’t have songs that sound louder than others. Plus it’s cheap; $16.95. You can download the trial here .

aka BlackAcidDevil

I using nero and cdrwin.
Nero for making normalaudio cds out of mp3z and never hed any problems on any kind of cd player.
And cdrwin i use for burning mixes with cue files or i write the cuefile my self when there are not available or it are live sets.
also never had any problems with audio cds burned with cdrwin

well i was more looking for something to decode mp3s back to

wavs then just burn it with cdrwin or whatever.
the quality of the outcome wav does vary with decoders right?

but the thing with nero is
that damn nero keeps cuttin of the last 2 seconds from every audio track .

so when i made an audiocd from a buncha mp3s
and i played it

every intro outro … or song that doesnt have a fade away at the end gets cut off in the middle of a sentence. [if it has a fade away it ends in silence so 2 secs of silence get cut off with ya dont really notice or care for]

ive asked about this before but they werent much of a help … it mostly came to that nero sucked lol

lol so if ya happen to know how i could jsut fix this thatd be great to
thanks

Shadow

i normally use a program called tunespark.not only does it burn mp3 and wave files but it can also burn wma files as well…need a link just p.m me and will hook you up.

mattjenn

Read the manual of cdrwin to avoid the fade aways and make it all work 100% like it use to be.

cdrwin/advanced topics/How to write a CUE SHEET file/Examples/
replace the extensions of .wav with .mp3 and brun the cd…

uhmmm… i use cdrwin to burn wavs to cd no probz there

the problem comes with nero and i dotn have a fadeaway problem.
i have a prob with the last 2 secs of every song being cut off.
i all mentioned it above : (

Shadow

hmmmmm… checked my freaks e-mail box the other day n saw a cdfreaks mailer sayin wilma replied… didnt had no time to reply so i quickly saved the text and logged out

reckon id come back and thank her… but now the reply is gone :confused:
the e-mail takes me to this thread, and dont think you can delete your own messages [or i cant anyway]
not really sure what happened here

but anyway… Thanks alot for the reply and help wilma
il try it out as soon as i have time.

:D:D:Dappreciate it :D:D:D

Shadow

I have used Easy CD-DA extractor for a while and haven’t found anything to complain about.

I like it because you don’t need any other programs beside it.
It rips,encodes/decodes, tags the .mp3 files and has it’s own burning software and audio converter included etc…

Originally posted by The Shadow
[B]well i was more looking for something to decode mp3s back to

wavs then just burn it with cdrwin or whatever.
the quality of the outcome wav does vary with decoders right?

but the thing with nero is
that damn nero keeps cuttin of the last 2 seconds from every audio track .

so when i made an audiocd from a buncha mp3s
and i played it

every intro outro … or song that doesnt have a fade away at the end gets cut off in the middle of a sentence. [if it has a fade away it ends in silence so 2 secs of silence get cut off with ya dont really notice or care for]

ive asked about this before but they werent much of a help … it mostly came to that nero sucked lol

lol so if ya happen to know how i could jsut fix this thatd be great to
thanks

Shadow
[/B]

If you just wanna make an audio-cd from youre mp3s just use Nero…you don’t need to decode them to wav first! Thats the EZness of it! :stuck_out_tongue:

im pretty sure u didnt read the whole thread headless
lmao :slight_smile:

its already fixed tough.
so its all good :slight_smile:

Yeah I know, after being into digital audio for as long as I have, (anyone remember when a soundcard was the new thing to have?) I should have found a software package that I like more than the others, but honestly, I pretty much use whatever I have onhand. If I’m ripping a bootleg from mp3 to wav to burn onto cd, I usually use the extractor built into winamp. It’s not very quick compared to others, but it works well. As far as burning it afterwards, I’ll usually use either nero, or since I reinstalled my hdd, ezcd4. I know, that probably deserves a bitchslap, but it does what I want it to, and supports cd-text. With burning an audio cd I don’t care what I use as long as it works. RIPPING an audio cd, however, I DO care. I use Audioactive production studio to encode my mp3s with the external Radium-modified Fraunhofer codec, at 192kbps NON-JOINT stereo. I rip wavs with audiograbber. I have a soundblaster live mp3+ soundcard. I’m telling you, it doesn’t matter what you burn with as long as they were well ripped and encoded. Flange from Joint Stereo sucks.
As far as the two second cutoff thing, I dunno. Are you burning disc at once? If so, the problem may lie in the burning program you are using, but likely not… :confused: