What pulsating?

vbimport

I read here somewhere about the pulsating effect of DVD2ONE. Maybe my TV is just crappy, but I haven’t noticed it yet…Is it on dark scenes or bright scenes? Which DVD shows this effect the most so that I can see for myself…thanks. Maybe it just happens on certain DVDs?

Have you heard of that saying: ‘Where ignorance is bliss, it’s folly to be wise’? :slight_smile:

Almost certainly it doesn’t occur with your particular combination of tools and viewers. Don’t go looking for faults that aren’t there. That way lies madness…

-Pete

I definately agree with Peter McCall - if it aint broke, dont try to fix it.

Besides - its only roumors that dvd2one should have some pulsating effect. Theres no bug or anything in dvd2one creating this pulsating - its simply a matter of poor quality in original material, that naturally becomes more visible when being compressed further. Nothing more.

So unless you try to backup some of the dvd’s where the original allready have some pulsating due to lowquality encoders used, you will not experience it in any dvd2one backups.

Originally posted by Peter McCall
Have you heard of that saying: ‘Where ignorance is bliss, it’s folly to be wise’? :slight_smile:
Almost certainly it doesn’t occur with your particular combination of tools and viewers. Don’t go looking for faults that aren’t there. That way lies madness…
-Pete

Couldn’t agree more…!
Until I was a projectionist, I never noticed the punch-holes in upper-right of transitional movie-frames…now I can’t wait for Hollywood to go over to digital transmissions/projections…
Train your ‘mind’s eye’ for pulsating in original or copied dvd’s and to be sure, you’ll never not be bothered by it…

By the way, the new version sounds great. Thanks again Erwin for the great work and giving us Mac users this awesome app. I wish I can tell every Mac SuperDrive users about this.

You guys are so fundamentalistic. Makes me wanna cry.

So read here for more:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=69363

Especially read the very last posting by ReneB.