What program compresses DVD files the quickest?

What program compresses DVD files the quickest?

Aren’t you forgetting to take hardware into account?

Originally posted by Pirate80
Aren’t you forgetting to take hardware into account?

I’m sure he does, but actually, this is partially hardware independent.

To my experience, DVD2One is one of the fastest programs. Just remind that speed isn’t everything. DVDShrink clearly showes that by setting the transcoding speed to “deep analysis mode”, the quality of the transcoded video can be greatly increased.

ps I moved your thread to the more appropriate forum…

i know hardware plays a major role, but so does the software. I already know the hardware aspect of it, i just want to know what programs are out there that can compress the dvd files quickly.

Is there anything quicker than dvd2one?

practically all the transcoders (some by default, some in their “fast” mode) take around the same amount of time. u might not be impressed by the quality though.

Dont worry about the quality, just feel the length :bigsmile:

Originally posted by XeoNoX
[B]i know hardware plays a major role, but so does the software. I already know the hardware aspect of it, i just want to know what programs are out there that can compress the dvd files quickly.

Is there anything quicker than dvd2one? [/B]

if you dont use deep compression dvd shrink is faster than dvdtoone but as said before if your compression rate is less than 90% youll get bad results.

Originally posted by ChickenMan
Dont worry about the quality, just feel the length :bigsmile:
it shouldn’t be about the speed of the ship, it’s all about the motion in the ocean :wink:

as for which is quickest, most can do it in less than 30 mins in their fastest setting if your PC is half decent

I think it’s splitting hairs when you compare the transcoders fastest speed settings as 5-10 mins difference, or whatever it is on your PC. The faster your PC the smaller it is, even less if you have multiple HD’s so processing speed difference is nothing really worth worrying baout in my eyes

I mean, how many backups do people need to do in a day???