What pets do you have? And why?

I was asking for advice and Arachne noticed my sig (For future reference as I may change my sig: “Meddle not in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer.”).
One thing led to another…

I like cats for several reasons:
Their soft fury skin (If you take good care of them…unless you have a naked cat of course…yikes).
Those times when they go nuts and run around (up the wall’s etc.) like their paws are burning.
They’re easy to keep (No need to go out in the rain or when it’s frikkin cold).
If you learn them that they’ve always got something to eat and drink you can leave for 2 days orso (One of my cats grew up with a rotweiler which ate his food if he left, he’s learning that the dog no longer is around but he still has the tendancy to eat all he can).
No barking…well the fat one that grew up with the rotweiler knows exactly when I feed them fresh flesh (around 6PM), so he starts to meow and scratch doors (I still wonder who gave him that watch and where he’s hiding it, nope can’t do that as I don’t have a search warrant;)).

I kept the poll pretty simple as there are to many options/ideas, so please post your story.

No! Please don’t change the sig! :slight_smile:

I have a cat because…they’re easy to look after, lovely soft fur, and I love the sound of a cat purring :slight_smile:

They also have very strong characters, at least the ones I’ve owned.

Edit: and on that note, I realised I just said “I have a cat…”, which isn’t strictly true. He owns me! :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2010365]No! Please don’t change the sig! :slight_smile:

I have a cat because…they’re easy to look after, lovely soft fur, and I love the sound of a cat purring :slight_smile:

They also have very strong characters, at least the ones I’ve owned.

Edit: and on that note, I realised I just said “I have a cat…”, which isn’t strictly true. He owns me! ;)[/QUOTE]

Don’t worry, I sure won’t change the sig for quite a while, but the poll is indefinitely, who knows what the future will bring?

Didn’t think about the purring, my fat cat likes people so much (and can hate them alot too, ask my neighbor) he starts purring when you look at him, and it’s loud, louder than I’ve ever heard so I called him Diezel (As in Diesel engines), the other cat is very shy (she’s from the streets and doesn’t like (most) people at all, I can’t even hold her for 10 seconds but she likes to lay on my lap any time possible and starts to pur after a while.

You’re absolutly right about the very strong characters they have.

And I guess they own me as well, my cats come in the first place (Food, medicine (if necessary), cat litter…etc.), what’s left I burn on…burners;)

Hi :slight_smile:
In short … none.
It would be unfair on whatever, to have to put up with me. :iagree: :eek: :smiley:

CATS and why pics explains it all

[QUOTE=zebadee;2010405]Hi :slight_smile:
In short … none.
It would be unfair on whatever, to have to put up with me. :iagree: :eek: :D[/QUOTE]

I think a nice loyal dog would suit you. Something like a Labrador or German Shepherd, not one of those little yappy things :wink:

And if my cat can put up with me, I’m sure a pet would have no problem putting up with you :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

@kissparo - beautiful kitties :iagree:

@KILLorBE - Diesel sounds gorgeous, got any pics of your two felines? :slight_smile:

[B]Birds
my Son Has 2 Parrots and a Buggie[/B]

On the Circus had Cats and dogs ,used to train the 1 Dog to Sit and Stay, Walk around Circus Tent and Dog was Still Waiting for You to Say Come.
When I stayed at Home with the Kids Smuggled my Cat on the Train in a Basket with a lid.
Long trip spent the night on Train , When Conductor came to Check tickets 1 of my kids just stuck Cat in Basket and made sure he Diddent stick his head out :bigsmile:

Told the family I would never have a pet, so they snuck this little ball of fur in my son’s inside coat pocket into the house one day. First thing I know about it is this meowing, look down & that little ball of fur is trying to jump up on the couch to curl up on my lap. That cat has been around for about 14 years now.

That’s adorable, Beef :slight_smile:

@Di - my cat would go nuts if I attempted to smuggle him anywhere!

2 Cats one Maine Coon and a Tiger, Lab for a Dog and a Fog Horn Lag Horn Type Rooster both cats were rescued the rooster were rescued and the dog is a papers black Lab 14 years old we love then like part of the family which they certainly are and belong to this family.

@ kissparo: OMG, me want:kiss:

@ Arachne: Diesel would go nuts too, but the other is easy once you’re away from home, but to get her in the cat carrier is the hard part…uhh if she notices that whatever place I’m at isn’t home she gets in the cat carrier by herself, my vet was surprised it was that easy when she first saw her.
TIP: Leave the cat carrier open with a blanket orso inside so they get familiar with the carrier.

I should have some pics but I can’t find them, so I tried to take some pics last evening while they’re in my hobby room/hall (I’m cleaning out the whole house and redecorating the living room and (open) kitchen).

I’ll take some better pics when most of the mess is gone.

Charlie at her favorite spot:

Diezel:

I have a pet PEEVE, and it drives me crazy…

Just kidding… I have a yellow lab, and a couple of arabian horses… Because I can…

my cat was celebrating my birthday too :wink:

apart from that cat I have another black one, 2 turtles and one rabbit and all because we simply love animals :slight_smile:

Yorkies, 4 of them. All four on my lap at the same time and when its my turn to dust the house I just spray them with Glade and turn them loose. They play like cats but they think they are Pit Bulls.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=141420&stc=1&d=1204576626http://club.cdfreaks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=141421&stc=1&d=1204576626http://club.cdfreaks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=141422&stc=1&d=1204576626

[QUOTE=H3rB3i;2012121]my cat was celebrating my birthday too :wink:

apart from that cat I have another black one, 2 turtles and one rabbit and all because we simply love animals :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the piccy H3rB3i (so you did take not of my message in the Catbox then) :smiley:

He is so beautiful :iagree:

@KILLorBE - thanks for the pics, lovely kitties! :flower:…Diezel is a “tuxedo cat” :bigsmile:

We have two goldfish.
They’re called God and Satan.

A Parrot here, since 1978. I had one before, missed him so I got a pair of brothers later, then one got sick after a few years, the skinny, sickly looking one is still here, the fat healthy looking one got sick and died:(
He’s still skinny to this day but he runs around a lot and likes to hang out on my desk and snooze or get a scratch, his option.
He runs down on the living room carpet and begs for peanuts, then chips, then nutra berries most days after work, and now loves people food and pop, which is bad for him, but he’s hanging in there so we let him have a bit anyways.
His names Nerd Bird and he usually forgets he can fly and walks every where. When he does fly it’s usually FLAP, FLAP, FLAP…THUD!!!
He’s a Maxmillion Pionus, and a general bonehead who’s fun to have around.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2012191]We have two goldfish.
They’re called God and Satan.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha awesome :bigsmile:

I wanted to call my cat Lucifer (he’s all black), but me having the memory of a goldfish ('scuse the expression), I forgot when it came to naming him.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2012193]Hahahaha awesome :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I’d like to have a tarantula or scorpion, but my girlfriend doesn’t want such pets.

No idea why i can’t have a tarantula… :bigsmile: It’s a cute critter. Isn’t it?

It’s cute as long as it’s not touching me. ROTFL :bigsmile: