What OEM drive is MD-20XTLI?

Hi everybody,

I’ve received an early Xmas gift - a Mad Dog Lightscribe 20X Triple Format Internal DVDRW (model MD-20XTLI). I feel kinda stupid, because I’ve tried searching the forum for this since I’m sure it’s been asked before - and I’ve also tried several web searches - all to no avail. Also checked Liggy & Dee’s stuff, no mention of this drive there. Mad Dog’s own site doesn’t say who’s the OEM. Does anyone know who the original manufacturer is and what that model is? Or can you tell me how to find that out? I had no problem finding out who makes my older Mad Dog drive - that was NEC - but I’ve heard they’re using several different mfrs drives nowadays, and I can’t seem to find mention of this new drive here on the forum. Is it simply that this drive is so brand-spanking new to the industry that I’m one of the first to have it? That’s kinda hard to believe…

Any help is appreciated very much.

[QUOTE=fullyfunk;1954790]Hi everybody,

I’ve received an early Xmas gift - a Mad Dog Lightscribe 20X Triple Format Internal DVDRW (model MD-20XTLI). I feel kinda stupid, because I’ve tried searching the forum for this since I’m sure it’s been asked before - and I’ve also tried several web searches - all to no avail. Also checked Liggy & Dee’s stuff, no mention of this drive there. Mad Dog’s own site doesn’t say who’s the OEM. Does anyone know who the original manufacturer is and what that model is? Or can you tell me how to find that out? I had no problem finding out who makes my older Mad Dog drive - that was NEC - but I’ve heard they’re using several different mfrs drives nowadays, and I can’t seem to find mention of this new drive here on the forum. [B]Is it simply that this drive is so brand-spanking new to the industry that I’m one of the first to have it? That’s kinda hard to believe…[/B]

Any help is appreciated very much.[/QUOTE]
Could be…although i’m not into all threads here.

Can you burn a disc using Nero CD-DVD Speed and post results for us to see the burn graph please :flower: It might be one of the new NEC’s.

Ok…won’t actually be installing it until mid- to late-next week once my vacation time kicks in - will post burn graph then. I guess it must be fairly new on the market judging by the fact that Mad Dog hasn’t posted any firmware upgrades yet for this model.

Not a NEC because drive supports LightScribe. Most probably a OEM Samsung SH-S202N linky, (not that exotic). :wink:
Note the 16x DL+R write speed.

[I]Edit.[/I] Adding a link to maddog homepage
http://www.mdmm.com/spec.php?productid=212

The last Mad Dog 18x LS burner was the Samsung S182M, so the 20x LS is most likely another Samsung, probably S202N like pinto2 said.

Here is (what I think you meant by) a burn graph.

Note that I’m a novice with all this, and was not certain what settings to apply within CD-DVD Speed - especially the scanning speed. I consulted the “guide” to CD-DVD Speed here on the forum, but my brand of drive (either Mad Dog or Samsung) wasn’t listed under suggested scanning speeds.

Please let me know if there is a different way I should be doing this.

In order for me to learn more, PLEASE feel free to mention anything worth noting here. Thanks!