What kind of boss are you (would you be)

Some of us are a boss, some aspire to be one someday and others wish they never become one and complain about their boss(es)…

I am the kind of person who wants to become a boss…and a good one hopefully. I feel that your own qualities also depend on the environment you work in (what restrictions apply).

This test is nice to do and I wonder how you score (and Domin8tor of course, as boss of this forum :wink: ):
http://www.entrepreneur.com/quiz/bad-boss/1,7729,,00.html

I also did the test and I think I am content with the outcome, although I don’t think this test is able to give an accurate profile on the basis of only 15 questions…

Your Score Is: 69/83
Wow, you’re some boss! Your company is going to go far, and you’re most likely poised to achieve much success in the future.

If this should be moved to a different subsection, please go ahead Dee & Arachne

Your Score Is: 83/83
Wow, you’re some boss! Your company is going to go far, and you’re most likely poised to achieve much success in the future.

Do not know what kind of boss I am you will have to ask my wife But first I will have to see it that is alright with her.

WOW Jan, how often did you do that quiz :stuck_out_tongue:

Only one time. :flower:

I guess I’m with Jan70 on this one:

Your Score Is: 83/83

I thought I would get <83 for not being cheerful all the time, but aparently I was wrong.

Aye …

Your Score Is: 68/83

Your Score Is: 66/83

Sorry to ruin you’re illusions, but I got the same score as Jan70, which basically means that the test is useless. :bigsmile:
I am however a great challenge to ANY boss. :wink:

Shhhh! Don’t shatter the illusion!

Welcome to the 83/83 club. I hereby grant you the right to give yourself a pat on the back, promote yourself to a better sounding title, and you can also have some ‘Kronebanken’ stock options! (danish insider joke)

As the true left-winger I really am, it would definitely be a nice reward: “You know, just to proof the decay of capitalism”. :flower:

Your Score Is: 79/83

I must say in terms of test construction, the test itself is somewhat lacking (should have 4 or 5 options instead of just 3, with options 4 and 5 reflecting a little more variation for answers to each question); however, some of the options are hilarious, and what the test lacks in additional answers is made up for in the explanations after grading the quiz, which are very accurate.

In general, what the article (surprisingly) failed to mention is that if someone is “cheerful” all the time, employees may suspect (and have reason to) said boss is hiding something, or may have some degree of an inferiority complex. I can testify to this, as my last boss was always “cheerful” in the public eye, but then tearing people down, chewing them up and spitting them out in private. It’s just a fact everyone can’t be happy all the time, and when someone is, there’s an imbalance between reality and action.

As I would hope it would be obvious (but this isn’t to the corporate world in general, where the business model has nearly entirely flipped from ‘find the best employee’ or at least ‘find the best potential employee’ to 'find an employee that looks good on paper’, but is one that is at best average or even incompetent in one or more areas. This kind of employee will realize he/she can’t negotiate for a higher salary at the beginning and therefore work cheaper. Modern-day employers even have the nerve to feel insulted if you know what “negotiate” means. If one doesn’t value one’s employees by extending them extra educational opportunities, benefits, doesn’t ask for their input and doesn’t give raises commeasurate with their performance, then whomever doesn’t do all these things has no business being a boss. Needless to say, most of my previous bosses would be scoring the in the subterranean range, I know. :eek:

Interesting test, however! It would be interesting to see how many “bosses” really take it, then do anything to change once they see their score and read the explanations. I’d wager perhaps 2% really act on the information at all.

Bwuhahahhahahaa!

I guess we’ll all find out if you really are a great boss after your minions destroy the last vestiges of the rivals power base …
Bwuhahahahhahaa!

Just for fun, I re-did the test with the mindset of an Evil Galactic OverLord:

Your Score Is: -43/83
That’s smoke you smell. They’re setting the place on fire.

It’s a hot time in the old town … er … tonight?

Your Score Is: 79/83

Yeah Right! :iagree: :disagree:

Don’t make us come over there and Micro-Manage you!

Is it possible to have a [U]mini[/U]-me if you’re a [U]micro[/U]-manager?

Or would it have to be a [U]nano[/U]-me?