What is your philosophy?

Depends…if your on the couch or bed… :wink:

this girl is amazing! :bow:

Show me some

wow,Katie barr the door!Proof indeed that southern girls are the BEST!!! :smiley:

u got it…:wink:

i wish :bigsmile:

becareful what you wish for…a 6 hour drive is not that bad…and i can stay in B’ham which is just 3 hours away

only in my dreams S_S belle :bow:

sorry …

I’m stump’t or not too bright.Might be the latter. :eek:

this thread is what is your philosophy…not …hit on SS …however i do have a PM box if ya wanna …continue…:wink:

“Friends and lovers may come and go, but in the end you will always be alone”
-> If you realize that, life is very comforting and loneliness does not exist except when you want it.
Source: a comic book

True, but in a biological sense, your body dies, but your essence, memories, energy, etc… continue on in others and the world around. Science book: 1st Law of Thermodynamics: Energy can never be created nor destroyed, only transferred. Therefore, you are not truely alone even at the end. :bigsmile:

I’m quite tame.I was just playin the game,you know…the S_S game your good at,very good at.No offense intended…maam :o :o

BTW…sorry fer gettin off the philosophy track KennyShin :slight_smile:

Stoners live,
Stoners die,
If in life you dont succeed,
Fuck the world and smoke some weed.

No really my life revolves around my family and three kids(all girls). I dont have any specific philosophy I go by. All I do is take it one day at a time

The physical world exists, and every entity has a specific nature. It acts according to that nature. When different entities interact, they do so according to the nature of both. Every action has a cause and an effect. Causality is the means by which change occurs, but the change occurs via a specific nature.

Sounds a lot like Ecology rather than philosophy. But then again, all sciences and profound theologian thoughts share the common school of thought: intimate interactions. Life, philosophy, theology, ecology, etc… emphasize important interactions over individual components. How we interact with each other and the world is more important than who we are. We live our lives with proximate and ultimate causality with all interactions dictating the path and road of our own unique travels.

Love and intimacy are excellent examples of important interactions and causalities.
I live my life knowing that how I act around others whether they be family, lover, relatives, friends, etc… is the most important and nobliest of things. I talk, I listen, I cry, I laugh, I argue with people. At the end of it all, my life would be full of important interactions like fond memories and happy thoughts. No regrets. No sorrow. I want to be remembered not by the things I did or did not accomplished, but by how I influenced and interacted around all those in my life.

A system of values by which one lives

Love many, Trust few and always paddle your own canoe.

Self-actualization minus distractions like drinking, smoking, drugs, sugar, flour, dairy, video, and all forms of non-survival anger.

Nice basic rules, i wonder which one i follow:

If there’s pleasure, you will not need anything else. Even death is unimportant if pleasure and environment make you feel cozy enough. I guess he never examined heroin. Good thing too :slight_smile:

to be a slave to the subconscious notions, principles, and other people’s philosophies picked up throughout life.

Isn’t everyone a slave to its subconcious environment? Who can and wil be the ultimate judge on what’s right and wrong except for your own self? God? Your parents? The kids? Judgement Day?

Reality is absolute. It has a specific nature independent of our thoughts or feelings. The world around us is real. It has a specific nature and it must be consistent to that nature. A proper metaphysical worldview must aim to understand reality correctly.

There is no proper reality except your personal vision. Especially the lack of personal vision makes the worldview blurry. There is no omnipotence, but there is imagination. Overcome your limits by using your senses and not using their limits. Hmm. I like it.

The physical world exists, and every entity has a specific nature. It acts according to that nature. When different entities interact, they do so according to the nature of both. Every action has a cause and an effect. Causality is the means by which change occurs, but the change occurs via a specific nature.

That would mean that the theory of evolution is based upon a formula set a long long time ago. It would also explain why living entities do not like changing environments and usually panic or die when that happens.
It’s a nice string/chaos theory and it seems to be true.

Our senses are valid, and the only way to gain information about the world. Reason is our method of gaining knowledge, and acquiring understanding. Logic is our method of maintaining consistency within our set of knowledge. Objectivity is our means of associating knowledge with reality to determine its validity. Concepts are abstracts of specific details of reality, or of other abstractions.

Pretty basic but truly only scientific. I tend to believe there’s more than sciens. Not much more, but there should be.

A proper foundation of ethics requires a standard of value to which all goals and actions can be compared to. This standard is our own lives, and the happiness which makes them livable.

Ethics making you happy? Ethics are rarely used to make you feel better, but to limit others freaky brains from doing harm to society. Defenitely not my cup of tea. I always question rules and ethics.

Esthetics:Art is a selective recreation of reality. It’s purpose is to concretize an abstraction to bring an idea or emotion within the grasp of the observer. It is a selective recreation, with the selection process depending on the value judgments of the creator. These value judgments can be observed and evaluated via the field of ethics.

Sorta like columnists. The world needs the voices who shout “let there be light goddamit” in the dark. Same as some people need leaders or external motivations to be happy. The major disadvantage is that it makes you think you’re omnipotent which eventually can lead to war. I don’t need to be the next Hitler.

http://www.importanceofphilosophy.com/index.html?http://www.importanceofphilosophy.com/Epistemology_Main.html :wink:

Fuckit is my philosiphy, need I say more?
Actually I guess I follow a do unto others kind of philosiphy without any religion in it (except that which I’m forced to endure as my wife is religious). That does of course allow for revenge.
I probably have a deeper philosophy baried somewhere (infact after taking some philosophy courses back in college, I’m sure of it) but as part of that philosophy is don’t work harder than you have to (i.e. lasy), I’m not going to explain it right now (and I’m not going to fix those spelling mistakes either). :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: